Hello,i have a question for 8x user. I want to hear some opinions from users that own the device for a year. I use a cover to protect my device, but i don't like it because it make's my phone thicker. Is 8x built from a material that fits ok with surfaces like a desk? Or any other table. I don't want any scratch but i also dislyke to have a stone in my pocket.
    12-22-2013 05:26 AM
    Hello,i have a question for 8x user. I want to hear some opinions from users that own the device for a year. I use a cover to protect my device, but i don't like it because it make's my phone thicker. Is 8x built from a material that fits ok with surfaces like a desk? Or any other table. I don't want any scratch but i also dislyke to have a stone in my pocket.
    I own my 8X for a little bit more than a year and never used a cover. It's the black one and it still looks like new, except of one corner on which the coating came off. However I don't have any scratches or anything like this else.
    12-22-2013 05:38 AM
    The coating came off because an accident ar just simple use? (Friction with pocket etc). I also have the black one.
    12-22-2013 05:41 AM
    The coating came off because an accident ar just simple use? (Friction with pocket etc). I also have the black one.
    I have no idea actually. I realized it when I had to send it in. It might be that it fell on the corner, however mostly in the early days there were many reports of the coating coming off for no reason.
    12-22-2013 05:50 AM
    I own a black 8x since its release. Didn't use any screen protector or any back cover and still unbelievably looks brand new! No scratches or whatsoever.
    12-22-2013 08:19 AM
    I would only use the HTC 8X without cover if its black, if its the blue version I wont think it wont handle a year of normal use. You'd probably see your oils, dirt and stains more often because the soft layer is a coating not the plastic itself so it has a high chance of rubbing off.
    12-22-2013 09:27 PM
    I've had mine (blue) almost a year and always used a case. Here's a copy of what I said in another post; something to consider:

I really like the Tech21 case I got from T-Mobile. It's thin, very snug, and has a good feel or grip.

It goes by various names; mine was branded T-Mobile but you may find the same thing under other names. Amazon has had it for a fraction of what I paid for it. Look under Tech21, Impactology, or D30. 'Gel' is a little misleading in the description; the outside is a firm matte dense rubber-like material. It probably makes the buttons a little harder to push, but I like that.
    12-23-2013 08:14 AM
    I used to have a case like you describe bun i don't really like that. I started to use the phone without it because i've got a good feedback from you. I am careful where i put the phone but it's better like that.
    12-24-2013 09:11 AM
    For me NILLKIN cases are the best for the HTC 8x : NILLKIN????? ??????????????

Mine is the red one
    01-05-2014 10:42 AM
    HTC8x (blue) here, 1 yr+ and running
    - no case
    - no screen protector

- no scratches (body or screen) ... micro or otherwise.
    - no smudges ('course I don't eat a slice of pizza and then need to Instagram it either)
    - no coating rub off (I do slip it into a cloth sack when in Jeans pocket)
    - one small tiny chip/ding in coating on corner(practically invisible), where I dropped it from 3 ft onto tile floor. Two other prior drops w/no ill effects: one on vinyl over concrete; another on asphalt ... both from 3 ft.

Not using a case b/c the HTC8x feels so comfortable in my hand and the phone's beauty is appreciated daily.
    01-07-2014 11:09 AM
    Blue 8x for over a year. I love this phone, that being said there are signs of wear and tear. Both top corners have the outer corner peeling, and smudges and dirt do show up more easily. I also for the first 3 months I had the phone worked in a factory so that might be the reason lol. But, its a great phone, with great hardware. Camera is the only disappointing thing to me
    01-07-2014 11:22 AM
    I have had the blue 8X for over a year but had it replaced about 6 months ago due to a few issues. So after 6 months of use, it is in good shape. It has been in an incipio case the whole time but the case leaves the corners exposed. The corners have gotten very dirty. I have tried to clean but it is no use. If you are using a black one then no need to have a case but the red or blue need to be in a case or they will be dirty.
    01-08-2014 10:22 AM
    I don't want to stard a new thread for this. Guys, Htc 8x 620e has 4g or not? In specs i don't find nothing concludent but in menu i can select only 2g or 3g. Also what i can say ontopic...if i press in the middle the phone make's a sound that i don't like,the sideways also. I want a premium feel like Htc One X/S, when i ordered this phone i was thinking at that body type :(.
    01-27-2014 04:57 PM
    My T-Mobile (US) 8X has 4G, though it's T-Mobile's version.
    01-29-2014 02:38 PM
    Hello, I have the blue 8x since late june 2013 and I must say I am not very happy with the durability. I am using a case from which i remove the phone every time i wanna use it. And there are clearly visible black smudges (like the blue color of the rubbering is just turning black) and its not dirt i tried cleaning it. Also the rubbering is peeling off in the corners and around the micro usb.

I will go and return the phone, because in my opinion high end (at the time) phone shouldn't look so used after only 6 months. I can post some pictures of it later if anyone is interested.
    01-30-2014 04:02 AM
    You can return the phone after 6 months in America? In romania you have 10 days with online shopping....
    01-30-2014 10:18 AM
    I am from Czech Republic, anyways I said that wrong, I wont return it. I will try and get it fixed or exchanged as a warranty fix. I hope they will fix it because the peeling rubber looks bad on a otherwise good looking phone.
    01-31-2014 11:02 AM
    I know im a little late to the show but i have used this since day 1

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53...2F360530082017
    01-31-2014 01:43 PM