Does the 8x have as many problems as the Lumia 928?

Awbridgers

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I burned my upgrade to get the Lumia 928 despite seeing online that it was "plagued with problems." The whole "it won't happen to me" thinking backfired 2 weeks later now that my phone's screen is frozen and soft resets aren't fixing it. I have until January 15th to change the phone I upgraded to for another for a minimal fee, so my question is: Is the 8x "plagued with problems" as the lumia 928 is? I really like the Windows OS so i would really like to get another windows phone

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately all phones come with their share of problems and the 8X is no different, I have had random freezes with my 8X and sometimes it fixes itself or I have to turn it off and reboot.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I know a couple people with the 928 and haven't had any issues... I have had my 8X for about 14 months now and it's been relatively stable. Never had it freeze on me but I have had it shutdown on me own its own lately. I don't think it's a software problem, likely something with the power button thinking its being held down. I also have the missing sim card error others have, which is also due to poor contacts. I love the phone though, it's the perfect size to carry around in my front pocket and love the windows phone OS.

mrdeeds_72

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
For me, have had some intermittent shutdown or freezing maybe 1 every 3 weeks or so. I used to have the random reboot error which was solved since Portico. My issue is the lack of support for HTC. It doesn't even have the newer camera app that the 8XT does. Max storage is 16 gbs. If my carrier had Nokia, I would go for it in a heartbeat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3