Music Issue

BruinsGirl

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
This is driving me nuts and I am sure there must be a simple answer to this problem, but I give up. How do I STOP the phone from playing music? What I mean is, if I am playing a song and I want to stop it...not pause, STOP and close the music player, how do I do that? There isn't a stop button and backing out just keeps it playing but takes me to the main screen. HELP! I use my phone to play music before and after my son's hockey games and in between periods. I need to be ale to stop the song quickly and get back to running the scoreboard and time clock.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
If you pause a song for x amount of time it will eventually get removed. Like STOP, which is the function you are trying to achieve. There is an app I ran into that will get rid of the music player from being in the header of your phone by clearing the interface. I don't use this app. I just read about it. I simply just pause and let it time out and die.

BruinsGirl

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
So, if I pause it long enough, it will close out? Okay, but isn't that a drain on the battery? I'm new to Windows Phones and I am still in my trial run; I have 2 weeks to decide if I keep it or go back to the other side. I really want to love this phone, so far I love the PHONE, it is the Windows part I am getting used to, specifically the operating system and the apps. (Or lack of the ones I am used to.)

Thanks for the answer.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Lots of apps for that...
Search results for "stop music" | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

My pref is Snooze It! ....as it serves dual purpose and allows a fall-to-sleep to music function as well as killing/clearing the music on demand (or snooze-auto kill)

Stop Music ... is another app serving the same music timer off/clear functions and is very popular

StopMusic! ... and another app serving the same music timer off/clear functions

If you just want to stop the music and nothing else, then these (and there's likely others out there as well)... will likely be all you'll need
Stop

Stops any music and clears the now playing information from the volume bar. Pin a secondary tile to quickly stop music from the start screen.
Simple and clean. Free, no ads, no location data required

Stop + Clear ...
- Stop the music and then remove the player bar on top of screen.
- Remove all the history entries in Zune Music+Video

So your choices are many and fruitful. Go forth and kill the music.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
So, if I pause it long enough, it will close out? Okay, but isn't that a drain on the battery? I'm new to Windows Phones and I am still in my trial run; I have 2 weeks to decide if I keep it or go back to the other side. I really want to love this phone, so far I love the PHONE, it is the Windows part I am getting used to, specifically the operating system and the apps. (Or lack of the ones I am used to.)

Thanks for the answer.
If the music isn't playing it doesn't affect your battery at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720