New year, same story:

Tmobile users with an HTC 8x are still waiting on the OTA GDR3 update (which other users on other carriers have had for months and months). It was promised to us by early December and we have still received nothing. I'm not in the developer program, and I'd rather not fiddle with a daily driver phone (just to be safe). Do we have any news on this? I've seen several posts on Tmobile forums in which Customer Assistance has only claimed "we have no information at this at this time".

Anyone have any updates at all? Or has anyone gotten GDR3 on Tmobile?

Thanks,

Sheik
    01-10-2014 06:05 PM
    I got GDR3 on T-Mobile network with a T-Mobile branded 8X in germany a long time ago ... november I think ...
    01-11-2014 07:08 AM
    I got GDR3 on T-Mobile network with a T-Mobile branded 8X in germany a long time ago ... november I think ...
    He's probably referring to the US, and not sure on what the story is. Sorry OP. :/
    01-11-2014 07:31 AM
    I just went ahead and did the developer preview and dev unlocked my phone at the same time. Nit much difference except the multi tasking close with "x", and SMS tones. Oh orientation lock & driving mode (don't use either).
    01-11-2014 10:55 PM
    I have a Tmo(US) 8x as well. Just use the dev preview to unlock it. Honestly there's nothing that great in GDR3...at least not to me anyway.
    01-17-2014 12:26 PM
    I do find the "X" to close apps cam be very useful at times. But then again, the back button fixes most of that.
    01-18-2014 07:25 PM
    OK T-Mobile HTC 8x Users!! I got this over at XDA, it was posted January 3rd, 2014 @5:43pm by metroidnemesis13, Senior Member-OP w/217 Posts. I am in the process of doing this right now, and the updates are installing as we speak. He is correct as this takes only a few minutes to set up and requires no unlocking or money spent. My phone told me it would not be usable for 5 minutes while it updates. It was more like 23 minutes, but it worked!! Custom SMS Tones!! Fricken finally!! Anyway, Here is his post in it's entirety.
    It looks like our 8X brothers Verizon and AT&T as well as internationally have already received the GRD3 update but T-Mobile has left us in the dark. I did some searching online and was surprised to find that there IS a way you can install GDR3 now on your 8X without any sort of hacking or paying to join a Developer program.

Apparently Microsoft opened up something called App Studio for the public that allows enthusiasts to preview the latest M$ update. If you register for the program (took me about 3 clicks and two minutes or less) you can click “OS Preview for Developers” in the App store control center and it will push a Windows Phone Preview for Developers xap file to your device through the marketplace. Here you can enable OS Preview updates and download the update directly to your phone just like any other OTA.

Enjoy, and thank me if this helped!
    02-20-2014 05:08 AM
    I have a Tmo 8x and been running GDR3 for some time now. I guess you haven't been here very long but the OS preview app has been around since last year...heck, WPCentral even did a story on it.
    02-20-2014 07:12 AM
    I don't stop in as much as I used to, but I am still seeing hecka posts on people waiting for it. Hopefully they will do what I did, and wander in here. :) I just got my HTC 8x last week, was using HTC Radar before that and forced updated to Windows 7.8. Seems T-Mobile USA doesn't give updates to Windows Phone.
    six6xis likes this.
    02-20-2014 04:55 PM
    I don't stop in as much as I used to, but I am still seeing hecka posts on people waiting for it. Hopefully they will do what I did, and wander in here. :) I just got my HTC 8x last week, was using HTC Radar before that and forced updated to Windows 7.8.
    Wow you really stuck it out with the Radar :) I updated my HD7 last year and got the 8X. I would really like a phone like the Icon but i don't want to leave T-Mobile. Music on the 8X is awesome too.
    02-23-2014 09:48 PM
    The os "preview" is of the rtm version of windows phone.
    02-23-2014 09:56 PM
    T-mobile does update their windows phones. I had a 8x and then went to a 925 and we just got GDR3 last week.
    02-28-2014 01:44 PM
    T-mobile does update their windows phones. I had a 8x and then went to a 925 and we just got GDR3 last week.
    T-Mobile in non-US countries have had gdr3, but T-Mobile USA has not provided the latest updates for the 8X. I have the US version and can confirm this.
    03-01-2014 09:09 AM