Charging issues

anon5954042

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a brand new HTC 8x on eBay. I turned it on and set everything with no problems. But when I put it on the charger the indicator light was flashing red and then green. So now it doesn't charge it just stays at one number. Even tried my 521 charger. I thought maybe letting the battery die to see of that work but now it just vibrates and goes to the battery icon with a question mark. So any ideas?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a brand new HTC 8x on eBay. I turned it on and set everything with no problems. But when I put it on the charger the indicator light was flashing red and then green. So now it doesn't charge it just stays at one number. Even tried my 521 charger. I thought maybe letting the battery die to see of that work but now it just vibrates and goes to the battery icon with a question mark. So any ideas?

Brand new or refurbished? If it cannot hold a charge there might be possible water damage.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Yup contact T-Mo. Also if it was BNIB then HTC should also be able to help directly as manufacturers warranty is valid for 1 year from date of sale.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
HTC can also help you out but the service is not good as Nokia and Apple have. AtLeast in my country. They took my phone for diagnose and returned after 3 months saying we don't have the wifi chip available right now.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Talk to TMo tech support and ask about a warranty/advanced exchange. They should ship you a new phone as well as a box to send the defective unit in at no cost to you.

FYI: The only times I've seen the red/green flash was when the phone got hot. Like watching HD Streaming Video/Movies while plugged in.

anon5954042

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I took it to the store right down the street and I was told it had fp be active for a few days on my account for it to show up in their system to do a insurance swap. The seller would send out s another device but I asked for a refund instead.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I took it to the store right down the street and I was told it had fp be active for a few days on my account for it to show up in their system to do a insurance swap. The seller would send out s another device but I asked for a refund instead.

get your money and buy a Lumia ;) Lumia 1320 if you want a 6" phablet or Lumia 925/920 :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3