When waiting for the new upgrade 8X?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "the new upgrade 8X?"

If you mean the 8X successor, chances are we'll see one at BUILD.
If you mean an upgrade to the 8X...chances are we won't see that.

pfg

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
You should've received GDR3 by now, and WP8.1 hasn't been released, er, announced yet...
Thanx .
I ask because I can not I upgrade to GDR3.
When I try to upgrade my sent message:
"Downloading the update on my phone is normally but can not go in and update sent message:" Can not open (8007000d) "

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine from Romania has bought an unlocked 8X and he's still stuck on GDR1. At least if there was someway for him to use the developer preview until the proper update arrived, but he can't, because the dev preview requires at least GDR2.

pfg

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
First, go here Windows Phone Dev Center and register for a free App Studio account using your WP/Windows account info. Follow the instructions. After your registered, get this Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States). Once the app is installed open it, login with the account info, enable preview then just go to Settings, Update. Let it do its do, and good to go.

Enjoy.

Thank you very much for your help, but the problem was not solved.
I think that will be solved with a new upgrade.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
How did it not work? As above poster said, GDR2 IS a requirement for GDR3. The Dev Pre app is pretty clear about that. Do you not have 2?

AnthonyWhoso

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I've received my GDR3 update for the 8X a long time ago. It's the unlocked international version so maybe that's a possibility why you haven't seen your device update yet.

pfg

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I've received my GDR3 update for the 8X a long time ago. It's the unlocked international version so maybe that's a possibility why you haven't seen your device update yet.
I can not I upgrade to GDR3.
"Downloading the update on my phone is normally but can not go in and update sent message:" Can not open (8007000d) "

AnthonyWhoso

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I can not I upgrade to GDR3.

ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1390348088.833528.jpg

That's what you should be on. That's the latest update for the 8X

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Per here

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/basics/windows-phone-8-update-history

You have GDR2. Are you following the steps as outlined? Are you doing this over WiFi or cell data, is it 2g, 3g, 4g or lte? Have you done a soft reset yet (power + vol down)?

What is your country/region/language/time zone set at? If those are incorrect, the downloads won't pull. Change them to US, US, English, Mountain, then soft reset. Try the update. If it doesn't pull, change back to where and when you are. Make sure the date is correct!!! Do a soft reset. Try again.

Good luck..
Keep us posted.

pfg

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Per here

Windows Phone 8 update history | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

You have GDR2. Are you following the steps as outlined? Are you doing this over WiFi or cell data, is it 2g, 3g, 4g or lte? Have you done a soft reset yet (power + vol down)?

What is your country/region/language/time zone set at? If those are incorrect, the downloads won't pull. Change them to US, US, English, Mountain, then soft reset. Try the update. If it doesn't pull, change back to where and when you are. Make sure the date is correct!!! Do a soft reset. Try again.

Good luck..
Keep us posted.

All these I have done many times.
I've done a soft reset and hard reset many times,
But I always have the message:
:" Can not open (8007000d) "

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb