Currently, my HTC 8x battery barely works for a day. I need to charge it twice if I use it heavily or once lightly.

There is a sale now in wpcentral market and I'm planning to buy a new charger since I'm without an HTC charger. I use USB through PC or blackberry charger with .850A output or a huawei charger 1A. I found an usb-mini HTC charger but also a blackberry or Nokia charger linked to my phone. I'll replace the battery but I'll charge it with a new charger.

What do you thing? Is it a mistake to use another brand charger or you don't have any problem?

If you know a model from WPcentral store please share it. I need to place an order today or tomorrow.

Thank you
    01-31-2014 03:39 AM
    I try to buy and use the same exact charger that either came with the phone or is available as OEM. If I can't get that, I'll use a different brand as long as the volts and amps are the same.

I did a lot of research online trying to figure out if the specs made a difference (especially about the amps), but came up with wildly different opinions. Rather than risk ruining the battery- non-replaceable in the 8X- I stick with the original specs.

Maybe it's paranoia, but I try to avoid mixing chargers between phones. We also have a Lumia 521 and it's chargers use lower amps than the 8X, so we only swap in a pinch.

Amazon is a great source, by the way.
    ali80 likes this.
    02-01-2014 08:28 AM
    I found a replaceable battery in amazon but I can delay buying it for now. I'll try first buying OEM charger as you said and I'll see what happen then. My discharge speed because I lost my original charger now at 5% per hour so I'm afraid that the battery is already on its way to death, it was 3.5% 2 weeks ago. I use many chargers but all are 1A output.

I think you are correct nothing better than buying the same charger as my phone even if is going to slowly charging my phone.

Thank you
    02-01-2014 09:52 AM