HTC8X is turning of email notification sound

jd63636

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I am stumped. I am not sure when this started but I no longer get an audible notification when I have new email.
I went in to settings ? ringtones+sounds - new email which showed ?none? So I select the ?windows email sound? and exit setup and still no audible notification.

If I go back in to set up and look I see that once again new email is set to ?none?. I can literally set it to the ?windows email sound? exit and go right back in and it is again set to ?none?

Any ideas? Or should I just go with a reset and see if that corrects this?

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
If you don't get any other tips you could try a hard reset, but that will delete all data on your phone...

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
That is weird! Never happened on my 8X. Maybe turn off phone and leave it off for like 5 min and retry? :S Worth a shot I guess. Seems very odd and not common. Probably just a glitch that won't last long

TheNeilness

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920, recently did a factory reset and now have the exact same problem. Annoying and really confusing. Any ideas on how to fix it?

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got an 8X and I literally have the exact same problem. I'm on Verizon btw. Also, can you check if when you are in phone storage and hold the back button down to go into the multitasking view that the icon they use for phone storage is the music icon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)