Will the unlocked Verizon phone work with Family Mobile plan?

xTmX Korrupt

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I seen that there is some issues with this phone on T-mobile and that is what family mobile runs off of. Outside of MMS I should be okay if I decide to get it?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Verizon uses CDMA technology while T-Moble uses GSM. As far as I know, Verizon phones don't even have SIM cards.

Their phones won't work on T-Mobile.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Verizon uses CDMA technology while T-Moble uses GSM. As far as I know, Verizon phones don't even have SIM cards.

That's true, but we have seen Nokia Lumia Verizon phones working with GSM sim since they have the related bands. NL 822 in my hand works with AT&T go phone sim. Although yes, you wont get 4G LTE signals probably.

xTmX Korrupt

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
It is suppose to be a world phone. From what I understand it came about because of some agreement they made. There have been topics on these very forums saying the phone works on GSM carriers. :evil:

torijo

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Ye it will. I have a Note 3 that used to be Verizon. the only problem I have is I cant seem to get 4G.Other than hat it works great!

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

My Icon has a sim card.. Top left lookin at the screen. Seen in the forums where it was made to work with T-Mobile there are a couple threads concerning this that have detailed instructions and inherit issues, though with straight talk providing 5gb native Verizon LTE / coverage @ $45 a month I dunno why it's worth the trouble hehe. I even get free vvm using youmail. Love it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett