HTC 8x Camera gone bad

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I gave my daughter my 8X when the 928 came out. She just returned from a school trip and pointed out how all her pictures looked with lines in them. (See the attached).
Is this the work of a bad camera sensor or the main board?

I was just looking at repair options and saw I can get the camera sensor on ebay for $7. Im geeky and can probly do it myself (I swapped the screen out on a iphone 4s myself).

I didn't want to blow the 7 bucks on the camera only to find out that the issue that causes this is in the main board. This is a pic of my floor, you can see the image but it has the PLUS on it with those lines through everything it takes.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcomed! :)

Office Lens_20140405_143046.jpg

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
try to clean the camera lens with soft cloth , also did you tried to perform a soft reset by holding down volume down+lock button until your phone vibrates and reboots itself. Also you can go into phone settings->swipe to applications->camera->reset camera.
If these steps didn't resolve the issue , I would recommend you take it to the nearest HTC service centre , it must be a faulty camera module.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the confirm. I did do the camera reset in its settings, the soft reset, and lens wipe.

I was going to do a hard reset but I was 99.9% sure it wouldn't do anything except have her yell at me about having to set everything back up.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the confirm. I did do the camera reset in its settings, the soft reset, and lens wipe.

I was going to do a hard reset but I was 99.9% sure it wouldn't do anything except have her yell at me about having to set everything back up.

lol , that's a girl phone ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos