Would you want an HTC 8X2?

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I know usually forums consist of problems people are having with their phones but I just took my case off my 8X and damn this phone looks good. Which got me thinking. I would love if HTC made a new 8X with better specs this time around. I really like how the phone looks and imo I prefer it to some of the Nokia designs, sans 925 and 1520 (thinness). So would you want an HTC 8X2? What specs would you want to be in it?

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I actually like the color option for phones. I would be ok with HTC playing around with materials but I would want to see some colors. They can do a One variant but I would want to see some colors. It goes so well with colored live tiles. I'm not liking that camera buttons might be on their way out because manufacturers are basically recycling android handsets.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I like my HTC 8x and have very little if any complaints. However, I'm not sure I'd go for a 2nd generation. I just would like a change. Its mostly WP I like anyways. I uninstalled all the HTC software after I got the phone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Go to a bigger screen: 4'7", do a two toned color look (like they did with the Verizon employee edition), increase to 32GB internal (maybe SD card slot) add wireless charging. The boomsound speakers would be nice + audio features. Keep the same 8MP but put OIS on it and tweak the software. I don't even mind them using polycarbonate again just a more improved version. I'd like a bigger batter (2300mah), non removable is OK.

I'd buy that.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Go to a bigger screen: 4'7", do a two toned color look (like they did with the Verizon employee edition), increase to 32GB internal (maybe SD card slot) add wireless charging. The boomsound speakers would be nice + audio features. Keep the same 8MP but put OIS on it and tweak the software. I don't even mind them using polycarbonate again just a more improved version. I'd like a bigger batter (2300mah), non removable is OK.

I'd buy that.

yeah this is basically what I was thinking. I would take a camera spec bump as well, maybe what they use in the one or a 13 mp camera. Basically keep the design language but add more features. IR blaster?

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Power button on the right side, definitely a uSD card slot, with a more juicy battery. These are the things that makes me dream about a new 8x.

mosi76

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I like my 8x but I have the California blue soft touch and it looks terrible after a year. It has been stained from jeans and other pants over the last year.

Other than the material change, I would like to see a better camera because this one is terrible. I actually like the screen size so no change there but a higher resolution screen would be appreciated. I also would be happy with a new power button placement and maybe a tap to wake option. Expandable memory would be pretty nice as well.

I am ready for an upgrade and have looked at the Nokia devices but I would also give HTC a chance.

Sherry213

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
No, I would not want an 8x2. Like Mosi, the blue looks terrible, even though I've had it in a case. The screen has held up well though--I have no protection on it and there are no scratches.

This was my first smart phone so I have nothing to compare it to. However, there have been a lot of little bugs that make me not want another one.

My biggest peeve is that everything is set up for iphone or android. I have tried to avoid Apple thus far, but at this point I think an iPhone will be my next choice.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
This was my first smart phone so I have nothing to compare it to. However, there have been a lot of little bugs that make me not want another one.

I'm curious, what bugs have you had with this phone? I just got one pretty recently so I haven't had any major bugs to complain of.
I can't argue that everything is set up for android and IOS, that's the truth.

Sherry213

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious, what bugs have you had with this phone? I just got one pretty recently so I haven't had any major bugs to complain of.
I can't argue that everything is set up for android and IOS, that's the truth.

Originally it started with the constant SIM errors. After AT&T changed out the card several times, they finally gave me a new phone. And then it happened with the new one. Gave me another new phone. I've had this one since Jan 2013 with no problems there.

Currently my camera doesn't work. The phone powers on and off at random times, even when fully charged. Sometimes when my email is syncing, it will sync and sync and sync, but never update, and eventually it drains my battery after less than an hour (you can't just log off email, you have to delete it, to stop this...but you have to wait until it's done syncing).

I'm sure all phones have their quirks, but these have been enough to turn me off of this phone, which is sad because I really like it. This, added with poor signal strength and no way to add memory (I'm not a gamer, have no videos and very little apps, and I'm almost full) have turned me away.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Aww that sucks man I'm sorry you had that experience. It sounds like this experience has turned you off from windows phone as well as the phone.

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a black colored 8x through Verizon. I had it for a year. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I just hope HTC will make a new Windows 8.1 phone. I hear windows will get an HTC one variant. But but the HTC camp seems very quiet when it comes to windows phone. I mean Samsung is announcing new ativ's more than HTC is producing more 8x's or 8xt's.

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I would LOVE one. I've got the red Verizon HTC 8X and have had it since day one (when WP 8 and this handset was introduced). It is the first phone in a long time that I've had for almost two years and I can say I am still impressed by it. It is VERY thin, durable, and is still as fast as the day I got it. having the same phone with updated specs (camera, battery, snapdragon 800, 32 GB, SD slot) would be amazing!

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I would want it to keep wireless charging (I'm on Verizon) and the great speakers it has. However, I wouldn't want the screen to be raised like it is on the 8X. It is too easy to break this phone when it doesn't have a case. I'd also want a much larger battery and a 1080p screen. Short of that, I'm actually pretty content with the 8X.

anon(8762957)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Considering the support we have had on our HTC 8X devices. I would say no.
There is no support from HTC what-so-ever. Yes, it did get the GDR2 update as one of the first, but that was because HTC practically didn't change anything in the microsoft release.
Also most of the HTC apps (the few that are actucally usefull) haven't had any updates in ages..

HeavyHanded

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
HTC is a stupid company. They are kind of the Imperials in star wars. They rest all of their hopes on one device to save them, instead of being a death star, it's the One. Putting all their energies and resources into it, ignoring Windows Phone to their own detriment. I love my 8X, but I do not think that HTC is working on a successor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750