Would you want an HTC 8X2?

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Honestly guys can you blame a company for ignoring windows phone? They would put more effort towards the platform if it sold better. Money is the most powerful incentive for a company. I'm a realist so I don't expect much from HTC regarding support but the 8X is sexy. It looks so good in my opinion. I would love to see an updated version with killer specs and a 4.7-5.0 inch screen.

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if HTC could do an evolution on the model vs. a complete overhaul with a One-type model. When I got the device I thought it was the coolest thing I've seen, and I still stand by that a year and almost half later. It's a unique little device that you don't see that often, and the point the Verizon model has no Verizon or HTC branding on front makes it that much more beautiful.

If HTC could do improved internals, camera, and keep the screen size or only go up to 4.5in I'd upgrade as soon as I could scrap together the cash.

tee74

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
doesnt matter how good the next 8x phone will be, not gonna get it. i wanted to try windows phone, do i took my brother in law 8x to use, and i like it as my secondary phone. as i learn more and more about windows and stuff, and htc 8x is pretty bad. so im just waiting for the right nokia phone to come out.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I hear what you're saying. Nokia owns like 90% of all windows phones and they make really good stuff. Although HTC has been making some really nice android handsets recently, and if they did that with the next 8X I would probably have to check it out.

Sherry213

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
You should talk to HTC support team by chat or helpline number - 1800 266 3566‎
I have used their "help by email" option, they never replied.
I have finals for the next 2 weeks...after that I will try doing a factory reset and HTC chat. At this point I'm thinking I'll probably get rid of it anyway, as I'm eligible for an upgrade through AT&T now.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I would get a larger 8X in a heartbeat if I could be guaranteed that there would be no SIM card errors, no sound issues (stuttering), no more other storage issues, SD card support, and no more can't send SMS issues. Other than that, I'm good! Oh, and if T-Mobile can guarantee updates... They never released gdr3 for the 8x!

jrronimo

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I love my 8X's size and speed. I've always found the screen to be quite good. "I don't like this trend of Always make phones larger rargh!" that everyone does -- this one is just the right size.

There are a few things they need to fix:
  • SIM ERRORS!
  • The 'wake up' button is too recessed but also too easy to hit -- with the phone in my pocket, the folds of my pants tend to turn the phone off.
  • Put wireless charging into ALL models of the phone, not just one carrier. I have a VZW phone *specifically* because of the wireless charging and I love it.
  • Ideally, put all colors to all carriers, too. -- I like the greenish yellow phone from AT&T the best, but it doesn't have wireless charging. :(

That's it for me, really. If the screen were a *little* bigger, that'd be fine, but I *love* the form factor as it is. Not too big, not too little. Snappy, loud, okay camera... It's one of the best phones I've ever owned, SIM errors aside.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I love my 8X's size and speed. I've always found the screen to be quite good. "I don't like this trend of Always make phones larger rargh!" that everyone does -- this one is just the right size.

There are a few things they need to fix:
  • SIM ERRORS!
  • The 'wake up' button is too recessed but also too easy to hit -- with the phone in my pocket, the folds of my pants tend to turn the phone off.
  • Put wireless charging into ALL models of the phone, not just one carrier. I have a VZW phone *specifically* because of the wireless charging and I love it.
  • Ideally, put all colors to all carriers, too. -- I like the greenish yellow phone from AT&T the best, but it doesn't have wireless charging. :(

That's it for me, really. If the screen were a *little* bigger, that'd be fine, but I *love* the form factor as it is. Not too big, not too little. Snappy, loud, okay camera... It's one of the best phones I've ever owned, SIM errors aside.

The SIM card issues is a big issue for me, because I can't depend on it. Also, we were out today and my phone just randomly cut off. It was almost fully charged! What's the point of having a phone if I can't use it? Its such a beautiful phone...these issues really are a shame. :( Also, T-Mobile doesn't support Windows Phones. They have not upgraded it beyond the gdr2... Another issue for me.

Sherry213

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I have used their "help by email" option, they never replied.
I have finals for the next 2 weeks...after that I will try doing a factory reset and HTC chat. At this point I'm thinking I'll probably get rid of it anyway, as I'm eligible for an upgrade through AT&T now.
Did a factory reset and then contacted HTC by chat. It is a hardware issue and I'm out of warranty. Surprise! The CSR actually told me it would probably cost about the same to get a new phone as if I would send it to HTC to be repaired, without the hassle of mailing it and being without a phone.

I wonder what will be the next problem to go wrong with this phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720