HTC 8x died and won't turn back on while charging

dawilli85

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday my phone died on my way home, but I didn't have time to charge my phone at home, so I took my charger and left. When I was at my destination I tried to charge my phone, but there was not the faintest idea of it turning on or receiving a charge. I thought it might be faulty electrical outlets, but when I got home and plugged in my phone it still did nothing. So I tried using a a different USB cable that doesn't have working charger hooks with my computer to charge that way, but still to no use. Should I try using a new charger or am I doomed?

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it would be down to two things: Charger has died on you or the phone didn't deal with the fully drained battery very well.

Try a soft reset if you haven't already - not sure how valid this is if the phone is completely dead, but worth a shot. (power key and volume down key, hold for 15-20 seconds)

So, did charging via the computer or another generic usb charger work? try this if you haven't already.

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Also, give this a go too - To Perform a Master/Factory Reset via Hardware on the HTC 8X

If you can’t access the settings of your smartphone or can’t even turn it on, you can perform the reset using the buttons of the handset.

1. Turn the phone off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and then briefly press the Power button.
3. When you see an icon on the screen, release the Volume Down button.
4. Now press Volume Up -> Volume Down -> Power -> Volume Down.

dawilli85

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I tried connecting it to my laptop, but it wouldn't even recognize the WP software. Also, it's dead so I have no way of seeing the screen. I left the phone on the charger for a few hours, but still nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers