Soon to be 8X owner

Phone Enthusiast

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I used to own a One X back in the day, I was hoping the 8x cam would be of similar quality. Hopefully not much worse than my Note 2. Thanks for the responses, will write back when I get it in a couple days hopefully!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had my 8X for a while now. It's a great phone. I updated to 8.1 and don't regret it at all, but just remember that if you choose to go 8.1 you can't go back. You get so many cool new features, but it is still a preview, so there are going to be more small bugs than there were with 8.0.

I even completely reset my phone after updating and the Beats audio is still there and works fine. I don't know about the HTC clock because I uninstalled that app and have never used it.

SchlepNT

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with Beats. Main issues for me are that it's a bit slow now, and not having the call blocking feature that Nokia has. I've had to add certain numbers to my address book and assign a silent ringtone.

LeopardSurd

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with Beats. Main issues for me are that it's a bit slow now, and not having the call blocking feature that Nokia has. I've had to add certain numbers to my address book and assign a silent ringtone.
Strange. The idea is that I plug in the headset and start the Music app: the audio output is low even at max. If I plug out and reinsert the headset, the audio output is all right.

I had an 520 and don't miss that feature. The only feature I miss is double tap to wake. :)

My 8x is not slow at all. Quite snappy. Just compared with my friend's new Galaxy S4. 8X is snappier than S4. :winktongue:

Phone Enthusiast

May 25, 2014
Visit site
With the price I paid ($75), put it right into 520 territory for me. But now wondering if I should have grabbed a 520, even with no front cam or flash on the rear one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

LeopardSurd

May 30, 2014
Visit site
With the price I paid ($75), put it right into 520 territory for me. But now wondering if I should have grabbed a 520, even with no front cam or flash on the rear one.
I had 520. Now I'm a 8X owner and I don't regret at all. :D Most of software gimmicks from Nokia were unusable for me so I kept the phone simple. Double Tap to wake is the single feature I miss from 520 but it's a great battery killer.

I paid 170€ for a new 8X. Meanwhile, a 520 is about 100 €.
720 had the same price as 8X but, except the variety of functions and apps from Nokia and the battery, is clearly weaker.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb