Notification LED?

Sheikboy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

So I understand why we won't get the awesome glance screen or those really cool active notifications that Moto X users will get (SO jealous of those), but is there anyway we can get LED notifications?

The LED under the speaker grille in the front lights up for 3 reasons in my experience: Red for charging, Flashing Red for low battery and Green for full charge. It would be really great to get the LED to periodically light up (flashing green?) when I have notifications waiting for me. It's such a simple feature and I don't see why we can't have it.

Cheers,

Sheik

LeopardSurd

May 30, 2014
Visit site
As far I know, WP8 doesn't support led notification. Maybe an OEM update from HTC will fix that for 8.1 but I doubt. 8.1 preview doesn't suppot it.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

So I understand why we won't get the awesome glance screen or those really cool active notifications that Moto X users will get (SO jealous of those), but is there anyway we can get LED notifications?

The LED under the speaker grille in the front lights up for 3 reasons in my experience: Red for charging, Flashing Red for low battery and Green for full charge. It would be really great to get the LED to periodically light up (flashing green?) when I have notifications waiting for me. It's such a simple feature and I don't see why we can't have it.

Cheers,

Sheik

Personally I think Microsoft should use the start button pulse for notifications. All current phones have the start button, some new ones will not, but that's what you get with a budget phone

LeopardSurd

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I know 😞
Unfortunately, Microsoft forgot to do that for WP8.x. That's quite sad because led notifications for compatible devices like HTC and Samsung give a "business feeling", like the old BB phones. 🙍

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb