Getting Update!

Christian LaFalce

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I experienced difficulties with home and work WiFi after the update, phone found no active networks. I deleted all of my saved networks, did a hard reboot of the phone and was able to logon to my networks again.

rdlm

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
From Verizon:

THE FOLLOWING IMPROVEMENTS HAVE BEEN
MADE:
Data Usage Applies. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. ? 2014 Verizon Wireless. 0614-H6194
WINDOWS PHONE 8X
? Roaming enhancements when traveling internationally
? Improved reliability when sending SMS messages

This was a single page PDF, no other info.
First call I made post update, had the speaker phone on and wouldn't turn off. The phone did not reboot after the update, just at the beginning with the new Verizon screen and the new Wi-Fi addition to that icon., so I did it now, sound went back to normal. No other issues yet...

it would be fantastic if "Improved reliability when sending SMS messages" means the "Can't send message. Try again" issue is fixed!

I just got the update (California). Since its intermittent, it will take a few days to know. Anyone still having this issue after updating?

WP95

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Now I'm guessing you can't receive this update if you are on the 8.1 preview? Because I have not received any update. Can anyone confirm that this finally gets rid of the "Can't Send" message issue!?!?

16valve

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
After the update, “Can't Send" message is as prevalent as ever. I always thought it was a network issue as it happens after I've been somewhere with zero cell reception.

Gerry Thomas

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
FYI: There are some issues but a cold boot will fix them. While phone is on hold the power button down until the phone tuns off.( Note: do not use the slide screen to shut off). After shut down the phone should turn back on by itself and all the issues will be gone.

monkeymind67

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problems after update, no WiFi at home, little to no cell service. Tried rebooting but no change. Forces to reactivate iPhone (nausea ensues!) for the time being. Hoping this is fixed soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdlm

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had the update for a bit over a week. Not great. Much more negative than positive.

On the positive side:
* I've had no "Can't Send" issues since the update -- which were extremely frequent for me previously. I'd claim the update fixed it, but I've seen others post that they still have it. I'll knock on wood...

On the negative side:
* I've had one random shutdown. I pull the phone out of my pocket, and it's off for no reason.
* I've had a couple times where the phone heats up and the battery drains rapidly. A power cycle fixes it.
* I've had a couple times where Wifi can't find any networks. A power cycle fixes it.
* Once, my phone shut down due to critically low battery. But upon reboot, the battery app showed 32% available.

Arg.

grail633

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
This is the worse update ever. My phone was rock solid until I installed it. After the initial install speaker phone was stuck on. A reboot fix that thankfully. Now however the Wi-Fi just randomly stops working and only after a reboot will it start working again. Also it has restarted randomly several times and the battery now drains a lot faster than before. Question if I do a factor reset will it roll off this update? At this point the phone is borderline unusable...

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe it has something to do with the WiFi and LTE antennas. Probably readying the phone for Verizon's XLTE upgrade and the arrows indicate when data is being uploaded and downloaded. Still waiting for Verizon to get it in gear and release the WP8.1 update.

Clement Ovunwo

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Updated mine a week ago after several update was given the WP Black but thought it was meant for just Nokia Lumia and now I have another update without any installation of preview for developers

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
This is the worse update ever. My phone was rock solid until I installed it. After the initial install speaker phone was stuck on. A reboot fix that thankfully. Now however the Wi-Fi just randomly stops working and only after a reboot will it start working again. Also it has restarted randomly several times and the battery now drains a lot faster than before. Question if I do a factor reset will it roll off this update? At this point the phone is borderline unusable...

I am having this problem. My WiFi will stop working and only a reboot will fix it. Have you found a fix or gone to get it looked at?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon