Seriously... What is wrong with my phone

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Ya but iPhone users should expect this. Unless they are living under a rock they should have had SMS turned on anyways. Takes only a second to do :)

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
So I've told my sister to turn on the Send As SMS Option... I still don't see how this will allow them to receive messages from me as this setting is related to outbound messages from the iPhone rather than inbound?

Unfortunately a lot of people I know get iPhones for the sake of having an iPhone and probably have never looked at the settings...

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Test it and report back if you can. I have no problems messaging iPhones. But again, it depends on which carrier each person is on.

Just curious: Which carrier are you on and are your friends on the same one?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Haha. Lol
She was my wife and we talk every day because of our young daughter. We're still friends and we are both with other people now. Sorry for hijacking the thread but had to clarify that I am not a stalker. 😉

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Quick update, I met one of people who failed to receive a message from me on their iPhone, I went into their settings to make sure they had Send as SMS on, which they did, so this cant be the solution...

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried my suggestion? Do it with two contacts that have the issue. Be very thorough. Delete all traces of their contact info and message threads including any group SMS they have been included in. Then readd their contact info and test. Don't do all of them as we can't tell if it is fixing it or not.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried my suggestion? Do it with two contacts that have the issue. Be very thorough. Delete all traces of their contact info and message threads including any group SMS they have been included in. Then readd their contact info and test. Don't do all of them as we can't tell if it is fixing it or not.

I have not yet tried this, I have however recently met a new iPhone user and exchanged numbers with them, I have been sending text messages and sure enough, some of them have not gone through... So that's six people now confirmed.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
It would seem the only way to fix this is to use third party messaging apps, or join them and get myself an iPhone. I just don't see how anyone can think this is acceptable: as far as I'm aware, my message has been sent, I have paid for that message to be sent but yet it has not been received, and appears to be a common occurrence as now six people are annoyed at me for "not replying to their text".

Should I talk to Apple? Do they know about this problem? Will they even do anything... Ha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa