I have bought a HTC 8X for 130$. Should i keep the order or cancel it for a better phone ?

helpfone

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Greetings :)

I have bought a HTC 8X for 130$ (taxes included) in France, but i'm hesitating to cancel my order because this phone is starting to get old, and it hasn't 4G.

Yet, at this price, it was considered as a very good deal here, with a price comparable to entry/middle range recent windows phones, for a better equipment.

I'm traveling in the USA soon, perhaps i can find better there ? Do you have some examples ? (i could buy it then get it delivered at my hostel).

Thanks

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have an 8x and love it the camera is really good and for that price its a bargain. The only downside is the lack of exclusive apps.

AnestisL820

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
In an other thread it was told that HTC 8X won't get the new windows phone 8.1 update and it's a big minus. I'm not from USA but you can take a look at Amazon site and in I'm sure you will find something better. Just my opinion.

helpfone

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I think you should return and get a Lumia you'll love exclusives and many small settings they offer

Are there particular reasons for this? I mean, Lumia entry and middle range phones are apparently less powerful and of lesser quality than this 8X, for the same price :/

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Greetings :)

I have bought a HTC 8X for 130$ (taxes included) in France, but i'm hesitating to cancel my order because this phone is starting to get old, and it hasn't 4G.

Yet, at this price, it was considered as a very good deal here, with a price comparable to entry/middle range recent windows phones, for a better equipment.

I'm traveling in the USA soon, perhaps i can find better there ? Do you have some examples ? (i could buy it then get it delivered at my hostel).

Thanks

For the same price it is very unlikely you will find a better phone. Though the HTC 8X is a decent phone, HTC no longer tries to improve on the software of the device like Samsung or HTC.

helpfone

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
ok so it seems it's really a good deal.

I'm willing to go up to 200$ taxes included if there is a good package phone + prepaid sim that i could buy in the US.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Is a good deal, the Lumia 920 is the only 1st Gen WP that matches the hardware of the 8x and is more expensive... I would keep it.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Tapatalk

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
On probably the same post you read, some user contacted HTC they confirmed they will be updating the 8X to WP8.1 and the email call centre got the OP's email mixed up with possibly Windows 8.1 or didn't know what they were talking about.

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
In an other thread it was told that HTC 8X won't get the new windows phone 8.1 update and it's a big minus. I'm not from USA but you can take a look at Amazon site and in I'm sure you will find something better. Just my opinion.
Go and read that thread again. HTC confirmed Windows Phone 8.1 on 8X

helpfone

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
ok so it seems there's a consensus to keep it at this price. I thought that at the same price range, there would be more competitive offer in the USA.

And do you have some advice to protect it ? a shell case ? A flip cover ?

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Just posted this on your other thread:

Try buying a lumia 625 - good budget device! Seems cheap - saw it in Paris for about 130 euros so that might help? In my personal opinion it's the best budget device with lte ( I have it).

Be wary buying a device from America as some of the lte bands won't work in the EU. I live in England, Americas and France - always have trouble with my American devices.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Just posted this on your other thread:

Try buying a lumia 625 - good budget device! Seems cheap - saw it in Paris for about 130 euros so that might help? In my personal opinion it's the best budget device with lte ( I have it).

Be wary buying a device from America as some of the lte bands won't work in the EU. I live in England, Americas and France - always have trouble with my American devices.

HTC 8X is much better than Lumia 625.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers