Windows Phone HTC 8X emergency call problem

Wiizzard1

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
My HTC 8x has developed a really annoying problem when dismissing the lock screen. When the lock screen has been dismissed it randomly says "Emergency calls only". This message is flashed for about 1 second then disappears. After this the phone says "SIM missing" when I try and send a text or make a call. This is a SIM-less phone. Rebooting it fixes the problem, temporarily at least. Does anybody know what could be causing this and what I can do about it?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You cannot make phone calls or send text messages without a SIM. Calling and texting use mobile network, not data, so WiFi will not allow calls or texts.

Wiizzard1

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I meant to say I purchased the phone as a SIM free phone. It has a SIM. The phone is working and I can make calls and send texts until this problem happens. I then have to reboot the phone before I can use it again.

Wiizzard1

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
The problem did turn out to be the sim card after all (I think). I removed it, cleaned it and the problem has not happended since. Strange that it would only show up after dismissing the lock screen though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett