Hello guys..
    I did 8.1 developer preview on my 920 and liked it so much. So decided to do it on my wife's HTC 8X. after the upgrade, the phone is on a continuous reboot loop and now it has drained the batteries.. I tried to do the hard reset, but i wasn't even able to get to the black screen with exclamation mark to initiate the hard reset.. The phone just reboots right after the white screen with HTC logo appears.. sometimes, I see the at&T logo, but reboots right after it...
    Is there anything I can do to fix this?
    Is there any way to flash 8.0 back to get the phone working?
    Does it mean that 8.1 preview just does not work on HTC 8 ? or did I mess something up ??

Thanks for any help..
    CM
    07-21-2014 12:44 PM
    This is the same behavior my 822 had before I had to replace it. But eventually got it to go to the reset phone setting and now its running fine, and still on 8.1. there are several routes you can take, just unsure which one can work, they are all very different when it comes to issues
    07-21-2014 12:49 PM
    Hello guys..
    I did 8.1 developer preview on my 920 and liked it so much. So decided to do it on my wife's HTC 8X. after the upgrade, the phone is on a continuous reboot loop and now it has drained the batteries.. I tried to do the hard reset, but i wasn't even able to get to the black screen with exclamation mark to initiate the hard reset.. The phone just reboots right after the white screen with HTC logo appears.. sometimes, I see the at&T logo, but reboots right after it...
    Is there anything I can do to fix this?
    Is there any way to flash 8.0 back to get the phone working?
    Does it mean that 8.1 preview just does not work on HTC 8 ? or did I mess something up ??

Thanks for any help..
    CM
    You may have to hard reset the device.
    WARNING: You will lose everything on the phone that wasn't previously backed up.

1. Press and hold the volume down button, and then press the power button to turn the device on. Release the volume down button when you see an icon display on the screen. Not before.

2. Then press the following hardware buttons in this sequence: volume up > volume down > power > volume down.

If done correctly the device will hard reset.
    godse573 likes this.
    07-21-2014 02:33 PM
    I don't think hard reset is the answer you better flash RUU
    If you have any problems flashing that just E-mail me i have done it hundred of times
    07-22-2014 03:30 AM
    I tried to do hard reset a hundred times, but i just can't get to the icon. the phone just keeps rebooting right after the white HTC logo screen.

You may have to hard reset the device.
    WARNING: You will lose everything on the phone that wasn't previously backed up.

1. Press and hold the volume down button, and then press the power button to turn the device on. Release the volume down button when you see an icon display on the screen. Not before.

2. Then press the following hardware buttons in this sequence: volume up > volume down > power > volume down.

If done correctly the device will hard reset.
    07-22-2014 05:51 PM
    Thanks. I have sent you a private message asking for details on how to flash RUU. Appreciate your help.

I don't think hard reset is the answer you better flash RUU
    If you have any problems flashing that just E-mail me i have done it hundred of times
    07-22-2014 05:52 PM
    How to flash HTC 8x
    07-24-2014 10:59 PM
    Please send me the flashing steps and download link for the rom. The phone was purchased from United States and has the exact same problem as mentioned above... Stuck in boot loop.
    12-09-2014 12:04 AM
    Did you find the solution for this problem??
    12-09-2014 12:04 AM