Flash 8X back to 8.0?

nokiabolt

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried searching around to no avail, but is there a way to flash the 8x (currently running 12397 8.1) back to 8.0? I want to install that firmware update that MS only rolled out to 8.0 users.
Thanks,
Joe

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Didn't they release a tweaked version of that same firmware recently? The 'tweak' being people running Preview could download it now. Or was that Samsung...

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what firmware update you're talking about. Since Nokia is now Microsoft's, the Cyan firmware update they are releasing is only for Lumias. The firmware comes from the manufacturer of the phone. I have an 8x as well, so we have to wait for HTC to deliver the firmware update. HTC did say that the 8x would be getting 8.1 but they did not say anything on when that would be.

nokiabolt

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
David: That was VZW alowing Icon users on dev preview to install new firmware (read: Not Cyan...yet)
Smoheath: HTC and Verizon recently rolled out a firmware update for the 8x on 8.0. I know Cyan isn't coming for 8x lol.
Anyway, thanks for the responses, I'll wait until HTC releases their firmware specifically for 8.1. I was just being ocd and thinking I could roll back and install that firmware, then jump forward. I appreciate the help! Thanks!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
David: That was VZW alowing Icon users on dev preview to install new firmware (read: Not Cyan...yet)
Smoheath: HTC and Verizon recently rolled out a firmware update for the 8x on 8.0. I know Cyan isn't coming for 8x lol.
Anyway, thanks for the responses, I'll wait until HTC releases their firmware specifically for 8.1. I was just being ocd and thinking I could roll back and install that firmware, then jump forward. I appreciate the help! Thanks!

Ahh. That's probably what I was thinking of.

Silamanagic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Uh oh. I sent back my HTC 8x with the developer preview installed for a warranty. Has anybody found a way yet to restore the 8x back to 8.0?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa