I know that Lumias had 4.0LE before the 8.1DP and they get it back with Cyan, but what is the state of the 8X? I'm on the Verizon variant, if that makes a difference.
    08-03-2014 06:25 PM
    It seems that both the 8X & 8XT have bluetooth 4.0, as i was just browsing the official Fitbit forums & found a posting by one of the Fitbit people. They stated that they had confirmed with HTC that both the 8X & 8XT were officially supported by the Fitbit app. Tho when looking at the page for officially supported devices only the 8X was listed & not the 8XT. Oh & I just got myself a Fitbit Flex & after a small issue setting up the Flex, it now syncs perfectly with my 8X.
    I'm pretty sure its 4.0 since the fitbit app can sync with my flex and 8x.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    08-05-2014 12:33 AM
    I'm pretty sure its 4.0 since the fitbit app can sync with my flex and 8x.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
    That's exactly why I was asking! Thanks!
    08-05-2014 08:57 AM
    Yes, its Bluetooth 4.0 LTE, and unlike Lumia's it wasn't 'turned off' so it works as soon as you get 8.1
    08-06-2014 10:12 PM
    Yes, its Bluetooth 4.0 LTE, and unlike Lumia's it wasn't 'turned off' so it works as soon as you get 8.1
    Are you sure it's Bluetooth 4.0 as HTCs website states that the phone only has Bluetooth 3.1 & any system information apps i have downloaded from the app store also show the phone as only having Bluetooth 3.1 Also I remember seeing an article somewhere recently that the 8x had only just gotten official Bluetooth 4.0 certification and would need a firmware update to enable Bluetooth 4.0
    08-06-2014 11:18 PM
    From the day I got on DP and updated to 8.1 my 8x could find and connect to my FitBit. Fitbit only works with 4.0 and my phone couldn't even see the device on wp8. Thus, I am sure my 8x running 8.1 DP has Bluetooth 4.0.
    The information you're reading perhaps reflects official statements and software releases. The 8x hasn't got the proper 8.1 update and so they are referring to the wp8 version. Maybe?
    08-06-2014 11:40 PM
    I got my fitbit in yesterday and here's what I've found:

The 8X works virtually flawlessly with the fitbit. All you have to do is open the app, and it auto-syncs. I have read that it is supposed to always be syncing in the background, but that fitbit is having trouble enabling that on Windows Phone. However, I have noticed that every once in a while the Flex will already be synced under the Bluetooth menu on the phone but when I go to the app, it says that it is unable to sync. Luckily, turning Bluetooth off and on fixes it and I already have the Bluetooth toggle in the action center, so I don't ever have to leave the app to fix the problem.

As for my 822 with 8.1 Update One, it doesn't work at all. I know that it is because it doesn't have Cyan, but I was hoping that by some divine interference, my phone would be different from all of the others and it would just work, haha. My 822 gets a lot better reception and battery life where I live, so I hate having to stay on the 8X (which I normally only use for media) all of the time, but it looks like it will be that way until Verizon releases Cyan for its phones.
    08-10-2014 12:00 AM
    It seems that both the 8X & 8XT have bluetooth 4.0, as i was just browsing the official Fitbit forums & found a posting by one of the Fitbit people. They stated that they had confirmed with HTC that both the 8X & 8XT were officially supported by the Fitbit app. Tho when looking at the page for officially supported devices only the 8X was listed & not the 8XT. Oh & I just got myself a Fitbit Flex & after a small issue setting up the Flex, it now syncs perfectly with my 8X.
    09-03-2014 07:51 AM