09-26-2015 12:45 AM
237 ... 678910
tools
    WP8.1 is apparently rolling out for the HTC 8X in Germany, Turkey, France, Poland

Germany - HTC 8X erhlt Windows Phone 8.1 ? Das Windows Phone Magazin ? WParea.de
    -----------------------
    HTC 8 X receives Windows phone 8.1
    The HTC is one of the few units, so far still not equipped with Windows phone 8.1 8 X. Finally the Windows phones by Microsoft , as well as the Samsung ATIV S already since last year on this or on a recent stand. Now although this is seemingly HTC 8 X finally to the series.

On our device, a German version of the country, yet the preparatory update is installed, so that we can make no statement about whether is also equal to another update along with the support of Cortana followed by Windows phone 8.1. Also, it is not known whether models are already supplied with branding. Should you so have a such, you can provide a feedback us.

The extent of the updates include the notification Center, VPN support, and much more. The contents of the Windows phone 8.1 take this article, while we have summarized the developments of the first feature updates here . It is still uncertain whether the latter also available for download is offered.
    -------------------------------------

Turkey - HTC 8X iin Windows Phone 8.1 lkemizde ve baz? blgelerde yay?nland? | Windows Phone Haber
    ------------------------
    Today, some HTC Windows Phone 8X users in our country; Shared that the Windows Phone 8.1 update released. He also shared that the HTC 8X users gdr1 published in Germany in WP8.1.
    ----------------------------

France - Smartphone France Windows Phone : Miracle : Mise jour en cours du HTC 8X !
    -----------------------------------
    More than 2 years after its placing on the market and more than 6 months after Nokia, the first HTC smartphones begin receiving their updated Windows Phone 8.1! Here it is the miracle happened ... well for now only sold in devices.
    ------------------------------

Poland - http://www.windowsmania.pl/dyskusja-...2/index26.html
    (pages 26-28+)
    --------------------------------
    mariob20: Hahah 8.1 !!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE TO 8.1 8X. 8x updates as I have at home is a throw screenshot . I did not preview installed on 1000% I'm not an *****, you never bury this is not possible because the official that as every two days I checked the update and it did not show up tonight showed . . And you do not have an update?. I bought this phone as I know it is not brand any so maybe that's why I got the first. I am the second owner but the phone is of Polish distribution, update proceeded so that first got an update that took me less prepared for the 8.1 and 8.1 then I took about 1.5 hours totality of all maybe a little less if you take on the PFD system here because I more than 4.5 GB which worried me; (.

raffe: I confirm Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 to 8X. I updated the phone to my daughter. In the autumn he was in the service display fell, then cleanse it to zero and came installed a new system. It was not buried in it, nothing installed except MS applications from the store. Today reported a small update in preparation for installation of WP 8.1. Then I installed a big update with WP 8.1. Everything works ok. The call was from the Polish distribution on a contract extension in Orange, now hula t-mobile. Any details today, I will not, because the daughter took the phone and it will be tomorrow. Phone update to think of the time and only for a moment I played it, I'm sure this is a WP 8.1 Update 1.
    ------------------------------------
    Last edited by Kavu2; 01-28-2015 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Edit to add countries
    01-28-2015 03:50 PM
    Ukraine receives 8.1 update! Installation only in windows phone 8.
    update not comes on the devices with developer preview
    01-28-2015 04:34 PM
    well it is getting rolled out in Australia
    22nd January 2015 - Software Update Weekly Wrap - Vodafone Community - 379906
    HTC 8X (Spark) Windows Phone 8.1 (GDR1) Testing complete, awaiting rollout.
    Now we are told HTC has pulled the update
    SO NO UPDATE
    Now if HTC do not update firmware maybe we are NOT
    able to update to W10 even with Preview
    we will soon find out
    01-30-2015 01:51 AM
    Well I have to now post, with complete stunning amazement and happiness that my 8X has just finally updated to 8.1 (8.10.14203.306) or as it puts it in the summary "Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update".

And now after all the apps have also updated (20 or so of them) I now finally have the capability to see all the various folders using pocket file manager, and to play stuff out via DLNA using AV remote. So I'm a very happy bunny tonight :)

This is on Vodafone in the UK, with a complete "out of the blue" update appearing earlier this evening!

Cortana is there, but haven't had time to play around with her yet (ooer missus)...
    02-03-2015 02:21 PM
    Well I have to now post, with complete stunning amazement and happiness that my 8X has just finally updated to 8.1 (8.10.14203.306) or as it puts it in the summary "Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update".

And now after all the apps have also updated (20 or so of them) I now finally have the capability to see all the various folders using pocket file manager, and to play stuff out via DLNA using AV remote. So I'm a very happy bunny tonight :)

This is on Vodafone in the UK, with a complete "out of the blue" update appearing earlier this evening!
    Are you a Dev Preview user?
    02-03-2015 02:23 PM
    Are you a Dev Preview user?
    Nope. No prompting or dev account at all - like I said it just appeared out of the blue.

Indeed it's a company phone, so I didn't dare to push it with the dev update route or else our IT dept would probably have made me eat the thing.
    02-03-2015 02:25 PM
    Well, that's good news, but my 8X is already updated to build 8.1.14219 (on Developer Preview, of course). I don't see a reason to downgrade and get the 8.1 update lol
    02-03-2015 02:30 PM
    HTC DACH (Germany Austria Switzerland) announced that the WP8.1 update is ready and now available.
    As I have the 8.1 with Developer Preview, I suspect that I won't get it. At least it says that my phone is actual.

My Version Numbers Software is 8.10.14219.341 and Firmware is 3030.0.41201.401
    Does anyone know if the regular update does update to a newer Firmware than this?
    02-04-2015 06:24 AM
    My firmware is 3030.0.52001.401, for the software 8.10.14203.306 that I mentioned above by OTA.

So firmware is ahead of yours, but software seems to be behind?
    02-04-2015 06:49 AM
    Yes, that's what I was afraid of is the case now. Does anyone know whether it's possible to do a hard reset and to roll back the SW to 8.0?
    02-04-2015 07:05 AM

Cortana is there, but haven't had time to play around with her yet (ooer missus)...
    Does your HTC app's live tile (clock) work with 8.1? We, developer preview downloaders, will have to carry on without the new firmware -missing on the dlna capabilities and other improvements, apparently. Dev Preview keeping you backwards is a big shame and I would resist downloading preview versions from now on.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    02-04-2015 08:24 AM
    Yes, the clock tile is working fine, as is DLNA (the latter being the main thing I wanted from 8.1 over 8.0). Successfully tested it last night by throwing a movie using AV Remote from my phone to my Pi1 running OpenElec, worked perfectly.

So far I've yet to find any issues or glitches with it at all, it's running very well. Maybe a little heavier on the battery than 8.0, but nothing major and even that could just be my playing around with it and driving it a bit harder than normal. Although I can't find at the moment the settings for allowing/disallowing background running of apps (it's not where it was in 8.0), so maybe that could also explain it if more is background running now. Time for a spot of Googling to research that one!
    fools paradise likes this.
    02-04-2015 09:05 AM
    Thx. DP has made the HTC app dysfunctional. You can change background settings from the battery sense app.
    02-05-2015 02:05 AM
    Nothing on Verizon
    02-06-2015 08:13 AM
    Nothing on Verizon here, either.
    02-06-2015 08:40 AM
    Just finished installing and have to say its nice having the htc app back thank you htc. So far its running smoothly even slightly better bit heavy on the battery but that's me playing with it more. Lets hope we get 10.
    02-06-2015 10:03 AM
    Just finished installing and have to say its nice having the htc app back thank you htc. So far its running smoothly even slightly better bit heavy on the battery but that's me playing with it more. Lets hope we get 10.
    Did you have the preview for developers installed before this "official" update?
    02-06-2015 10:24 AM
    I'm assuming the T-mobile version of the 8x will never receive the official update. Does anyone by chance know if it's possible to flash the update?
    02-06-2015 12:30 PM
    Did you have the preview for developers installed before this "official" update?
    Yes I did have the DP installed before the official one.
    AlexViean likes this.
    02-06-2015 01:17 PM
    I'm assuming the T-mobile version of the 8x will never receive the official update. Does anyone by chance know if it's possible to flash the update?
    Not on the 8x I'm afraid you can only flash the Lumia. Only unlocked 8x is getting the update.
    02-06-2015 01:19 PM
    Not on the 8x I'm afraid you can only flash the Lumia. Only unlocked 8x is getting the update.
    If I was to get my phone unlocked would it be possible to get the update? Or is it only for factory unlocked?
    02-06-2015 01:24 PM
    I wouldn't know as mines factory unlocked.
    02-06-2015 03:11 PM
    Just received the update on my Preview for Developers unit :)
    jorgejlt likes this.
    02-06-2015 03:58 PM
    Mee too. And only after i ticked again the box in the DP app.

For all those not receiving an update: Sign up as developer, get the app and tick the box. The phone will work fine also with previews.
    jorgejlt likes this.
    02-07-2015 01:08 AM
    How to enable double tap to wake up
    In htc 8x as it running successfully in all lumia & htc one .

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    02-09-2015 12:16 AM
237 ... 678910