WP 8.1 Update 1 for HTC 8X?

Havard995

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't see an option for posting a picture here within the app. I've had Cortana on my 8X since literally the day it was announced. Would you like me to email you a pic? Or can I post one here via the browser? Is it really necessary?

Lol. Let me know what you think. Today is really busy, I'm making my first attempt at replacing the front brakes on my minivan.... I may be drunk by this evening, but I'll try to take the straightest picture of Cortana on my 8X as possible. If you really need one.
I'm not pontificating here, sorry if it comes across that way. That sucks that you haven't had Cortana yet! She's awesome!

You can only have Cortana if your language is set to English (US), if you bought your 8x outside of America you don't have that option.

utopiate

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't see an option for posting a picture here within the app. I've had Cortana on my 8X since literally the day it was announced. Would you like me to email you a pic? Or can I post one here via the browser? Is it really necessary?

Lol. Let me know what you think. Today is really busy, I'm making my first attempt at replacing the front brakes on my minivan.... I may be drunk by this evening, but I'll try to take the straightest picture of Cortana on my 8X as possible. If you really need one.
I'm not pontificating here, sorry if it comes across that way. That sucks that you haven't had Cortana yet! She's awesome!

Not just me, but everyone in the UK with a 8X have not been able to due to the inability to switch to US region. Where in the world are you as I thought it was global but maybe confined to UK users.

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm in western Canada, and on the Bell network. I didn't even know it was an issue, it worked the same on both my HTC and Samsung.

Weird.

Havard995

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
In an article at neowin (which I can't link due to low post count) it was stated that some devices wouldn't get all the preview updates due to "an identified problem that requires mobile operator or OEM driver updates"
Look likes we will have to wait for the official release :(

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just checked for updates on my 8X and it came back with an update. However, I don't believe it's 8.1 update 1 as it didn't take very long to download. Hopefully it's a push in the right direction.

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't expect anything quick with HTC, they haven't even updated their HTC app which won't update the clock tile correctly. That was in April, I think. They tried to blame Microsoft then as well.

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
My 8X, got only the 899 update. It seems to be a little more responsive.

Btw, ant of you got Here drive+? It seems laggy for 2-3 weeks

matty032

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
I don't expect HTC to update the drivers. Just waiting on November so I can switch to Nokia/Microsoft.
Sent from my Windows Phone

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
matty032, yes the software support for Lumia is way better than HTC's. But not always provide the right value for the money.
We really need more players into WP world.

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It's disappointing to me, since I thought the whole controlled software from Microsoft was supposed to eliminate Android type problems like this. I don't really care, since update 1 isn't really a monumental update, but still. Disappointing.

milho

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Forget about version numbers! Can you add folders on your start screen or not? If yes, you have the Update 1. But probably you don't have it 'cause Microsoft didn't start rolling out the Update 1...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos