WP 8.1 Update 1 for HTC 8X?

TRON0314

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Quick question. I had an 8x as well with the Dev Preview since it was released. My phone was always...and I mean always...resuming - even with apps optimized for 8.1. The overall performance was really laggy.

Fast forward I bought another 8x off of ebay because I left my previous phone on the roof of the car and went down the freeway *yikes*. It has the latest 8.0 but I'm hesitant to update to 8.1 again because my experience was so awful even though I had all the awesomeness of 8.1. Wondering if the performance slow down was an isolated incident or not.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I would think you had an isolated problem. There are many sporting the Dev Prev for 8.1 & loving it. Myself included. Like others I believe the phone got faster.

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Quick question. I had an 8x as well with the Dev Preview since it was released. My phone was always...and I mean always...resuming - even with apps optimized for 8.1. The overall performance was really laggy.

Some of the 8.1 updates were making my 8X laggy, too. The last one, that has released for it (12400.899) is good enough.

giorgio_katr

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Do a reset and change your language to canada english and you get the alpha version of cortana-no cortana but at least SOME features... you're welcome.
i have not the us 8x i have the europian ...
you mean hard reset or just add first the us canada?
i thought alpha needs 8.1.1 too...

Last edited:

giorgio_katr

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

Last edited:

Fred Andrews

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I contacted HTC today this was all I got
‎3‎:‎45‎:‎27‎ ‎PM CustomerFred J Andrews

Initial Question/Comment: phone update

‎3‎:‎45‎:‎32‎ ‎PM SystemSystem

Michael P. has joined this session!

‎3‎:‎45‎:‎32‎ ‎PM SystemSystem

Connected with Michael P.

‎3‎:‎45‎:‎42‎ ‎PM AgentMichael P.

Thanks for contact HTC, This Is Michael, How May I Help You?

‎3‎:‎46‎:‎57‎ ‎PM AgentMichael P.

Do you see the recovery option?

‎3‎:‎47‎:‎21‎ ‎PM CustomerFred J Andrews

Is there any word on the driver update for Windows phone 8.1

‎3‎:‎48‎:‎47‎ ‎PM AgentMichael P.

Ok, in this case you should contact to Microsoft, and they can provide you that information

‎3‎:‎49‎:‎56‎ ‎PM CustomerFred J Andrews

They say HTC needs driver updatefor HTC 8X

‎3‎:‎50‎:‎22‎ ‎PM AgentMichael P.

Who told you that?

‎3‎:‎51‎:‎05‎ ‎PM CustomerFred J Andrews

Its all over windows blogs

‎3‎:‎52‎:‎42‎ ‎PM AgentMichael P.

HTC does not announce release dates of software due to the nature of the software development process. At any point in the software development cycle a situation may be encountered that requires anything from some minor additional rework, to complete rewrites of the software base. Only after the final acceptance testing has been successfully completed will HTC release software. Please stay tuned to our website and social media for future update announcements

‎3‎:‎56‎:‎14‎ ‎PM CustomerFred J Andrews

I don't want a date just some kind of confirmation that you haven't dropped us and a solution is in the works.

‎3‎:‎56‎:‎37‎ ‎PM AgentMichael P.

The update is not available on HTc yet

‎3‎:‎57‎:‎29‎ ‎PM CustomerFred J Andrews

isthere any one working on it at all

‎3‎:‎59‎:‎02‎ ‎PM AgentMichael P.

Yes, We are working to have techs update quickly, Because as you know it does not depend on HTC, that depends on Microsoft.

‎3‎:‎59‎:‎46‎ ‎PM CustomerFred J Andrews

thank you

‎4‎:‎00‎:‎07‎ ‎PM AgentMichael P.

So, As soon as we get the update, in your phone one settings-about-software information

‎4‎:‎00‎:‎32‎ ‎PM AgentMichael P.

You'll see that the updates are available and you will see the windows update

‎4‎:‎01‎:‎52‎ ‎PM AgentMichael P.

Fred, Are you still there?

‎4‎:‎02‎:‎37‎ ‎PM CustomerFred J Andrews

yes ill keep looking good day

‎4‎:‎03‎:‎02‎ ‎PM AgentMichael P.

Thanks for contact HTC, Have a Great Day

Session ID: 206882

Jogi for WP

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I chatted with german HTC support mid of August. The employee stated, that they have no official information about the update for HTC 8X, but it is rumored, that the update will be availabe in September...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon