WP 8.1 Update 1 for HTC 8X?

alviant

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Vodafone Australia announced WP8.1 GDR1 for 8x testing is in progress. Search "Software Update Weekly Wrap - 8th January 2015 - Vodafone Community - 378935" to read announcement. (I am not allowed to post link.)

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
My 8x has all the developers updates on it and I have been suffering with random reboots for several months. I factory reset it even, reupdated, and reinstalled everything but it didn't help. 40% of the time I pick it up and unlock it and it is either off or it starts to unlocked and reboots. I may have to switch phones.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

KiCo77

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Vodafone Australia announced WP8.1 GDR1 for 8x testing is in progress. Search "Software Update Weekly Wrap - 8th January 2015 - Vodafone Community - 378935" to read announcement. (I am not allowed to post link.)
Well, on 15th January they wrote: HTC 8X (Spark) Windows Phone 8.1 (GDR1) Testing complete, awaiting rollout.
I guess good news for you.. I am from Croatia and I have no idea what's going on with updates here..

Xaneks Alucar

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
My version number-8.0.10501.127 Seriously, verizon is starting to irk me with this crap. Maybee this is payback for Jeff Dunham making fun of what Ahkmed did to that guy in the verizon commercial?

RonZimmerman

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
STARTING? They have pissed me off for the last 8 months. I've about had it with Verizon and Microsoft. If Microsoft can't force Verizon to update the phones we were promised would continue to get updates, I need a new carrier and phone. And now they are talking about Windows 10 update, and I am still on 8.0.

Xaneks Alucar

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I didn't get truely pissed about it until I heard about 10. It was just a minor nuiscance for me as I've been focusing on my warframe with my warframe clan (until that god awful liset update that made the game borderline unplayable for me) then I got back into console gaming for awhile then back intro fallout new vegas and then I hear about win 10 and i am furious

skinholt

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
So, I just contacted HTC and they verified that the HTC 8X is NOT getting the Windows 8.1 update...ever! While it was in Stage 3 of development, it apparently failed and they don't plan to move forward. Sad news. It will be a new Lumina phone for me...now I just need to decide which one.

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
So, I just contacted HTC and they verified that the HTC 8X is NOT getting the Windows 8.1 update...ever! While it was in Stage 3 of development, it apparently failed and they don't plan to move forward. Sad news. It will be a new Lumina phone for me...now I just need to decide which one.
well it is getting rolled out in Australia
22nd January 2015 - Software Update Weekly Wrap - Vodafone Community - 379906
HTC 8X (Spark) Windows Phone 8.1 (GDR1) Testing complete, awaiting rollout.

Mike Potesta

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
For your information las night I got the WP8.1 Update.
Finally last night I got the update for the international unlocked version. This is what happened: It first updated three "updates" in a row in order to be able to update to Windows 8.1 (about 45min); after these updates you have to search for update in the apropiate configuration box. It then shows the Windows 8.1 update. After agreeing the terms and continue it starts downloading (via WIFI) and installs (this proccess takes around 1 to 1 1/2 hour). It is worth the waiting. I am replacing my Lenovo Android phone (which is also a good phone) back to HTC 8x as my main phone.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
WP8.1 is apparently rolling out for the HTC 8X in Germany, Turkey, France, Poland

Germany - HTC 8X erh?lt Windows Phone 8.1 ? Das Windows Phone Magazin ? WParea.de
-----------------------
HTC 8 X receives Windows phone 8.1
The HTC is one of the few units, so far still not equipped with Windows phone 8.1 8 X. Finally the Windows phones by Microsoft , as well as the Samsung ATIV S already since last year on this or on a recent stand. Now although this is seemingly HTC 8 X finally to the series.

On our device, a German version of the country, yet the preparatory update is installed, so that we can make no statement about whether is also equal to another update along with the support of Cortana followed by Windows phone 8.1. Also, it is not known whether models are already supplied with branding. Should you so have a such, you can provide a feedback us.

The extent of the updates include the notification Center, VPN support, and much more. The contents of the Windows phone 8.1 take this article, while we have summarized the developments of the first feature updates here . It is still uncertain whether the latter also available for download is offered.
-------------------------------------

Turkey - HTC 8X i?in Windows Phone 8.1 ?lkemizde ve baz? b?lgelerde yay?nland? | Windows Phone Haber
------------------------
Today, some HTC Windows Phone 8X users in our country; Shared that the Windows Phone 8.1 update released. He also shared that the HTC 8X users gdr1 published in Germany in WP8.1.
----------------------------

France - Smartphone France Windows Phone : Miracle : Mise ? jour en cours du HTC 8X !
-----------------------------------
More than 2 years after its placing on the market and more than 6 months after Nokia, the first HTC smartphones begin receiving their updated Windows Phone 8.1! Here it is the miracle happened ... well for now only sold in devices.
------------------------------

Poland - http://www.windowsmania.pl/dyskusja-ogolna-241/windows-phone-8-1-na-htc-8x-10832/index26.html
(pages 26-28+)
--------------------------------
mariob20: Hahah 8.1 !!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE TO 8.1 8X. 8x updates as I have at home is a throw screenshot . I did not preview installed on 1000% I'm not an *****, you never bury this is not possible because the official that as every two days I checked the update and it did not show up tonight showed . . And you do not have an update?. I bought this phone as I know it is not brand any so maybe that's why I got the first. I am the second owner but the phone is of Polish distribution, update proceeded so that first got an update that took me less prepared for the 8.1 and 8.1 then I took about 1.5 hours totality of all maybe a little less if you take on the PFD system here because I more than 4.5 GB which worried me; (.

raffe: I confirm Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 to 8X. I updated the phone to my daughter. In the autumn he was in the service display fell, then cleanse it to zero and came installed a new system. It was not buried in it, nothing installed except MS applications from the store. Today reported a small update in preparation for installation of WP 8.1. Then I installed a big update with WP 8.1. Everything works ok. The call was from the Polish distribution on a contract extension in Orange, now hula t-mobile. Any details today, I will not, because the daughter took the phone and it will be tomorrow. Phone update to think of the time and only for a moment I played it, I'm sure this is a WP 8.1 Update 1.
------------------------------------

Last edited:

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Well I have to now post, with complete stunning amazement and happiness that my 8X has just finally updated to 8.1 (8.10.14203.306) or as it puts it in the summary "Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update".

And now after all the apps have also updated (20 or so of them) I now finally have the capability to see all the various folders using pocket file manager, and to play stuff out via DLNA using AV remote. So I'm a very happy bunny tonight :)

This is on Vodafone in the UK, with a complete "out of the blue" update appearing earlier this evening!

Cortana is there, but haven't had time to play around with her yet (ooer missus)...

Lukman Ali

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Well I have to now post, with complete stunning amazement and happiness that my 8X has just finally updated to 8.1 (8.10.14203.306) or as it puts it in the summary "Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update".

And now after all the apps have also updated (20 or so of them) I now finally have the capability to see all the various folders using pocket file manager, and to play stuff out via DLNA using AV remote. So I'm a very happy bunny tonight :)

This is on Vodafone in the UK, with a complete "out of the blue" update appearing earlier this evening!

Are you a Dev Preview user?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel