WP 8.1 Update 1 for HTC 8X?

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Are you a Dev Preview user?

Nope. No prompting or dev account at all - like I said it just appeared out of the blue.

Indeed it's a company phone, so I didn't dare to push it with the dev update route or else our IT dept would probably have made me eat the thing.

Lukman Ali

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, that's good news, but my 8X is already updated to build 8.1.14219 (on Developer Preview, of course). I don't see a reason to downgrade and get the 8.1 update lol

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
HTC DACH (Germany Austria Switzerland) announced that the WP8.1 update is ready and now available.
As I have the 8.1 with Developer Preview, I suspect that I won't get it. At least it says that my phone is actual.

My Version Numbers Software is 8.10.14219.341 and Firmware is 3030.0.41201.401
Does anyone know if the regular update does update to a newer Firmware than this?

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
My firmware is 3030.0.52001.401, for the software 8.10.14203.306 that I mentioned above by OTA.

So firmware is ahead of yours, but software seems to be behind?

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, that's what I was afraid of is the case now. Does anyone know whether it's possible to do a hard reset and to roll back the SW to 8.0?

fools paradise

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I have to now post, with complete stunning amazement and happiness that my 8X has just finally updated to 8.1 (8.10.14203.306) or as it puts it in the summary "Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update".

And now after all the apps have also updated (20 or so of them) I now finally have the capability to see all the various folders using pocket file manager, and to play stuff out via DLNA using AV remote. So I'm a very happy bunny tonight :)

This is on Vodafone in the UK, with a complete "out of the blue" update appearing earlier this evening!

Cortana is there, but haven't had time to play around with her yet (ooer missus)...

Does your HTC app's live tile (clock) work with 8.1? We, developer preview downloaders, will have to carry on without the new firmware -missing on the dlna capabilities and other improvements, apparently. Dev Preview keeping you backwards is a big shame and I would resist downloading preview versions from now on.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the clock tile is working fine, as is DLNA (the latter being the main thing I wanted from 8.1 over 8.0). Successfully tested it last night by throwing a movie using AV Remote from my phone to my Pi1 running OpenElec, worked perfectly.

So far I've yet to find any issues or glitches with it at all, it's running very well. Maybe a little heavier on the battery than 8.0, but nothing major and even that could just be my playing around with it and driving it a bit harder than normal. Although I can't find at the moment the settings for allowing/disallowing background running of apps (it's not where it was in 8.0), so maybe that could also explain it if more is background running now. Time for a spot of Googling to research that one!

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Just finished installing and have to say its nice having the htc app back thank you htc. So far its running smoothly even slightly better bit heavy on the battery but that's me playing with it more. Lets hope we get 10.

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Just finished installing and have to say its nice having the htc app back thank you htc. So far its running smoothly even slightly better bit heavy on the battery but that's me playing with it more. Lets hope we get 10.

Did you have the preview for developers installed before this "official" update?

ryancut

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm assuming the T-mobile version of the 8x will never receive the official update. Does anyone by chance know if it's possible to flash the update?

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Mee too. And only after i ticked again the box in the DP app.

For all those not receiving an update: Sign up as developer, get the app and tick the box. The phone will work fine also with previews.

Pritish Raj

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
How to enable double tap to wake up
In htc 8x as it running successfully in all lumia & htc one .

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)