WP 8.1 Update 1 for HTC 8X?

Sadangelman

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I didn't receive it neither until I installed Developer Preview and signed in. That's odd I know, but this was the only way the update would see my phone.

Well I already have the Developer Preview & am signed in but still nothing. Also tried signing out of the Developer Preview & again nothing as well.

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
If you look under system settings>about>more information, you get not only the OS version but also just below it the firmware revision number. (and the hardware revision number, but if an OTA update can change that I'd be very impressed :winktongue:)

Raffyv

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Finally Windows Phone 8.1 update is available in the Philippines, just finished my OS update to ver. 8.10.14203.306.
All my apps are still updating, also received 2 small updates before the 8.1 OS update.

Raffyv

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
HTC forgot this very important feature on Windows 8.1 for HTC 8X! (Call+SMS Blocking) WAKE UP HTC Dev.!

Last edited:

Sadangelman

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Woohoo!!! Finally received the update on my unlocked carrier free 8x in New Zealand. HTC app is working again.

But strangely after the update was done the app store showed 3 app updates available & automatically installed them. Updates were for Microsoft's Health & Fitness, Travel & Facebook (non beta version) But none of the 3 apps were even installed on my phone.
So why after an OS update did I get updates to apps that weren't even installed on my phone.

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Mine did that too (as well as for Skype), you'll probably find they are installed now, whether you want them or not. Of course it's easy to just uninstall them again (as I did for Facebook - which I refuse to have anything to do with - and Skype as it's not allowed by the company for some reason).

I think they are just bundling stuff up that's most common (or they've been paid to include) and lobbing it at the user whether they want it or not. At least we didn't get a U2 album too ;)

TheBluesOne

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Worth saying this: "Microsoft & HTC has made me falling in LOVE AGAIN!!!"

Official (Not DP), Yes Official Windows Phone 8.1 update has hit my HTC 8X. At around 1.30 PM Indian time when I checked for updates, I got the firmware update followed by the WP 8.1 (8.10.14203.306) OS update. Cortana is available by default for India region. I now have all the features and am extremely happy :cool:.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte