WP 8.1 Update 1 for HTC 8X?

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Like it has been cut in half, yes, four hours a day is a good day.

I'd double-check what apps you're running. I keep my phone fairly minimal, and I can get over 2 days out of it on light usage. But I also know a few apps (mainly games, but not solely so) which eat the battery life for breakfast.

Plus of course the usual comments about turning off things like location and wifi when you don't need them.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
8X unlocked in Romania, still no official 8.1 or GDR1. The phone's ROM appears to be an Australian one. But still nothing.

Guys? :(

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
>Raffyv
>max-8x
>Abhi Nayak

The 0x80188308 error is discussed in the Windows Central HTC forum thread here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/362058-critical-update-windows.html

I had a successful resolution of updating error issue by creating more space on Phone (moved entire Music folder contents to Desktop)....reboot and retry to update.

Maybe give that a try....worked for me. I really think it's an System partition space issue but that an reset/re-sync of System space is forced by any number of several venues.....of which removing Music contents seems to be one...at least for me. Give it an try...hope it helps.

Abhi Nayak

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, moving camera roll or Music folder didn't work for me, since the problem is related with system partition space. I had nearly 8GB free space, still no go. System files occupied nearly 5.09 GB (don't know why!) of space. So I found a different solution for it:
1. Firstly download Storage Cleaner app from store (I don't have enough post counts to insert link! It's published by Venz with 29570 reviews)
2. Go to time + date settings > turn off "set date and time automatically" > then change year to 2500 (you may get some app notifications, due to sudden time shift, ignore them)
3. Now open storage cleaner app > Click Begin > Let it occupy all the space (even 8GB in my case ) and only few Kb's left> Repeat this process twice or thrice, as you can see some space get automatically released (~200 MB). Then restart your phone. After this step, my System files decreased from 5.09 GB to 3.28 GB! Repeat Step 3 again.
4. Now delete the Storage Cleaner app > change back the year > check for update > restart now.
This worked for me, Hope it works for others too :)

Raffyv

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Didn't Work for Me!

Well, moving camera roll or Music folder didn't work for me, since the problem is related with system partition space. I had nearly 8GB free space, still no go. System files occupied nearly 5.09 GB (don't know why!) of space. So I found a different solution for it:
1. Firstly download Storage Cleaner app from store (I don't have enough post counts to insert link! It's published by Venz with 29570 reviews)
2. Go to time + date settings > turn off "set date and time automatically" > then change year to 2500 (you may get some app notifications, due to sudden time shift, ignore them)
3. Now open storage cleaner app > Click Begin > Let it occupy all the space (even 8GB in my case ) and only few Kb's left> Repeat this process twice or thrice, as you can see some space get automatically released (~200 MB). Then restart your phone. After this step, my System files decreased from 5.09 GB to 3.28 GB! Repeat Step 3 again.
4. Now delete the Storage Cleaner app > change back the year > check for update > restart now.
This worked for me, Hope it works for others too :)

Last edited:

alviant

May 14, 2013
Visit site
8X unlocked in Romania, still no official 8.1 or GDR1. The phone's ROM appears to be an Australian one. But still nothing.

Guys? :(

Austrian or Australian? HTC has only just released WP8.1 GDR1 for Australia on 2 July 2015. Rollout will take up to 10 days. I have no idea about Austria, sorry.

nokiabolt

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
For those of you who updated to 8.1 Update 1 on Verizon before Verizon's official February 2015 update via Preview for Developers, you can now use WPRT to get the 8.1 Update 1 with the new firmware for 8.1 update 1 (which Verizon as of September 2015 had not rolled out to preview for developers users). It obviously wipes the phone, but it's worth it. Note that I am not able to update from Windows Phone build 14203 (from official firmware) to 14219 (latest build from PfD), but I'm not complaining since I got the new firmware!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion