HtcOne M8 running Windows. Are you getting one?

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
With the experience I get from HTC's support for the 8X there's no way I would be buying that crap (I would buy the Android version 'coz that's the only thing HTC really cares about).

YeMan

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Ehh.. Its interesting. I like Android, but I dont like galaxy's because it feels to fake in your hand, and i dont like the way the OS looks. If i liked those things i would be using a S5 or one M8. So this seems cool but i want more details on the 1525. ;-)

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
My original phone was the HTC Trophy from the good ol' Windows Phone 7 days, and I never had a single issue with it. (Still have it in fact). I ended up with a Nokia Lumia 822 my second time around, and am glad I steered away from the HTC 8X as it sounds like it simply wasn't a durable phone and seemed to have a lot of problems. However this device simply looks beautiful. I have always preferred metal over anything else and after feeling and testing the device out in stores (Android version) I must say I really like it. This would be my next device hands down. The only thing potentially holding me back is HTC's lukewarm support of the Windows Phone ecosystem. If they are just porting this device over and expecting that simply one device will sell (as they did with the HTC 8X) then I have a hard time putting my faith in such a finicky company. However, if this was on devices and design alone, this will be my next phone.

My upgrade isn't until April so that gives me some wiggle room to see what else comes out before Spring, and weigh reviews for longevity of the devices. When it comes down to it I simply want a high-end durable device, that has long battery life, good call quality, and can do a good job as a side music player. Although Nokia definitely wins in the photo department the M8's photos aren't shabby and I'm more concerned about music than photos. My two-pence. Regardless of what happens, the Windows Phone ecosystem needs diversity to grow. No matter how much we love Nokia we need the support and challenge of other OEMs to keep Windows Phone from becoming stagnant. Excited to see what happens, I want the OEMs to fight for my next upgrade. Here's to healthy competition :wink:

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
With the experience I get from HTC's support for the 8X there's no way I would be buying that crap (I would buy the Android version 'coz that's the only thing HTC really cares about).

HTC is not doing to well even with Android. Could this be a beginning of a great relationship with Windows Phones?

Of course depending on sales of this WP flagship device compared to Android.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Ehh.. Its interesting. I like Android, but I dont like galaxy's because it feels to fake in your hand, and i dont like the way the OS looks. If i liked those things i would be using a S5 or one M8. So this seems cool but i want more details on the 1525. ;-)

Scratching my head...

Huh? Please run that by me one more time. I'm a bit slow. Lol

I didn't catch that.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
My original phone was the HTC Trophy from the good ol' Windows Phone 7 days, and I never had a single issue with it. (Still have it in fact). I ended up with a Nokia Lumia 822 my second time around, and am glad I steered away from the HTC 8X as it sounds like it simply wasn't a durable phone and seemed to have a lot of problems. However this device simply looks beautiful. I have always preferred metal over anything else and after feeling and testing the device out in stores (Android version) I must say I really like it. This would be my next device hands down. The only thing potentially holding me back is HTC's lukewarm support of the Windows Phone ecosystem. If they are just porting this device over and expecting that simply one device will sell (as they did with the HTC 8X) then I have a hard time putting my faith in such a finicky company. However, if this was on devices and design alone, this will be my next phone.

My upgrade isn't until April so that gives me some wiggle room to see what else comes out before Spring, and weigh reviews for longevity of the devices. When it comes down to it I simply want a high-end durable device, that has long battery life, good call quality, and can do a good job as a side music player. Although Nokia definitely wins in the photo department the M8's photos aren't shabby and I'm more concerned about music than photos. My two-pence. Regardless of what happens, the Windows Phone ecosystem needs diversity to grow. No matter how much we love Nokia we need the support and challenge of other OEMs to keep Windows Phone from becoming stagnant. Excited to see what happens, I want the OEMs to fight for my next upgrade. Here's to healthy competition :wink:

That's old logic. Are we still talking 2014 Windows Phones 8.1.?

Things change.

How dare you compare HTC Win7 with HTC WinP 8,1?

No comparison.

Alphamaster32

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I still think that wp is the best daily use OS but if I'm gonna go for a flagship i will go for android what's the use of snapdragon 801 without variable games and good apps and great HD games available for android

Last edited:

Grimmush

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hell no! Like it's been said above, the support htc currently offers for their wp is sub par.
Its been what, 2 weeks and still no word on 8.1 update 1?! I'm missing out on key features since they lunched the preview on 8.1 I don't know who's more to blame here; microsoft for looking out non us users, or htc because they forgot to include us language rom in their damn phones.

If I'm changing my phone I'll definitely not pick another htc phone, and chances are probably not a windows phone as well.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll get whatever version of this that Sprint gets...it would seem pretty clear that Lumia's aren't coming, and I'm still very happy with my 8XT...so yes, I'd consider the M8 over anything from Samsung at the moment.

That will all change if the 8XT doesn't get the updated firmware & GDR1 by 10/1. (My own self imposed deadline for Sprint to get 8.1 rolled out to us...)

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I'll get whatever version of this that Sprint gets...it would seem pretty clear that Lumia's aren't coming, and I'm still very happy with my 8XT...so yes, I'd consider the M8 over anything from Samsung at the moment.

That will all change if the 8XT doesn't get the updated firmware & GDR1 by 10/1. (My own self imposed deadline for Sprint to get 8.1 rolled out to us...)

Good choice.
I honestly believe that this device will help with market shares.

And not only that. MSFT will also realize that there is as many people out there looking for flagship phones as there is looking for low end devices.

I believe that this is the break that Windows Phones was waiting for. Look out Lumias. You have met your match.

What do you say?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon