04-20-2015 12:24 AM
83 ... 234
tools
    Do you have any idea why not all 8Xs would get the update?
    The official answer is that it is rolled out in batches and all users will eventually be pushed the update.

I asked specifically why this is taking so long, comparing the take rate of this phone vs that of another phone with the same release date of software (Galaxy S5) plus the 8X users are not able to pull the update but S5 users are " and about a week later was sent that as a reply.

I've decided to let a little more time pass plus I'd like to see the report on take rate o that I have proof that I actually is not increasing. It likely is, and we are just not included at thus point.

We may just have the bad luck of being at the end of that line. If its not that, I'll need proof of it for them to do anything.
    Greyfish7 likes this.
    04-05-2015 08:04 AM
    Thanks for the effort! :)

"eventually" I'll have left Verizon when they invariably don't get the next flagship. Hopefully will get the update before then.

Any idea if deactivating and reactivating the DP to try and pull the update weeks ago would've kicked us to the end of the line?
    04-05-2015 09:40 AM
    Thanks for the effort! :)

"eventually" I'll have left Verizon when they invariably don't get the next flagship. Hopefully will get the update before then.

Any idea if deactivating and reactivating the DP to try and pull the update weeks ago would've kicked us to the end of the line?
    Hmm good thought, but I don't think so since I left mine alone until I didn't have it for some time. I also missed the last update that VZ put out.

I sent a message to them today regarding it. Still no real progress on the push, so I requested info on the pull of the update since its Ashley been 2 months and the take rate is waaaay low. Knowing WP fans, we'd be all over this update I'd it were made available.
    Greyfish7 likes this.
    04-07-2015 03:22 AM
    Hmm good thought, but I don't think so since I left mine alone until I didn't have it for some time. I also missed the last update that VZ put out.

I sent a message to them today regarding it. Still no real progress on the push, so I requested info on the pull of the update since its Ashley been 2 months and the take rate is waaaay low. Knowing WP fans, we'd be all over this update I'd it were made available.
    Thank you for your help and positive outlook on the HTC 8X update. After all this time though, it seems like HTC and Verizon have abandon the 8X if it is on DP. I was hopeful that Microsoft would include the 8X in the Windows 10 Insider Program like they did with the Developer Preview, but no go so far. I think the lesson learned at this point is that unless you have a Microsoft phone you will always be lacking when it comes to updates.
    04-10-2015 12:13 PM
    Hi,
    I have purchased my HTC 8x version online yesterday, it was on windows 8, I received nearly 7 updated on may phone and finally the last one was for Win phone 8.1, I an surprised all updated went well, with out any issues, haven't seen any bug's in 8.1 in 8X is fast and smooth, one thing I have noticed that it heats up while using 3g or 4g, the temperatures are normal while playing games.
    04-11-2015 08:13 AM
    Hey another week, no update! 😃
    04-13-2015 10:37 AM
    I just got an error that said they're was a problem during the update...

I had it set to auto update so I'm wondering what it was. It is still on the same version as before of course.

When I check for updates it still says up to date. What the heck LOL.
    04-13-2015 02:08 PM
    Cuz why not? Another week. Down
    wpn00b likes this.
    04-20-2015 12:24 AM
83 ... 234