Htc 8x on Verizon and the 8.1 update

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Also still waiting. I hope that some nagging issues like text entry lag is resolved. Could also be that I've used up most of my storage space :p it occasionally won't show what I'm typing but the suggestions under the text field seem to recognize what I'm putting in. If I let it sit for a few seconds the words finally fill in.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Let me know if that works

It did not.

However, I like my phone a lot more now. No more text lag as I mentioned before.

I wrote to the guys at VZW that have a connection to the updates. I let them know that I feel that the update is rolling out too slowly. (I have actual figures as of March 2nd on this device that I can't share but it's ridiculously low how many have been updated). It appears that it has been paused or is just being PUSHED slowly without being available for PULL as it should be.

nokiabolt

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Any luck yet? I have two 8Xs that want the new firmware for VZW. I'm depressed, because if I had waited..I would have had 8.1u1 and the new firmware lol

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Weekly check in, still nothing

Thank you... I actually forgot to look since my last post. I also don't have out and I'm no longer on the developer preview after the factory reset.

It's now April first. I'll be back in the office on Saturday. When I am, I'll be sure to find the current status of the rollout.

If updates are being pushed then anyone with this device would have jumped on it so they should be about finished. If I see a ridiculous number like 20% I'll raise a stink about it.

The S5 update to Lollipop came out around the same time and is causing lots of issues to the point it requires a factory reset after installing to work normally so I don't see why it has priority at all these days.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
One would think if Verizon was going to send the new HTC 8X rom to DP 8.1 phones it would be done by now. I can't believe it will happen.

Keep in mind lots of users on the DP here have gotten it from Verizon while still enrolled to the DP. We are just outliers who have not.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any idea why not all 8Xs would get the update?

The official answer is that it is rolled out in batches and all users will eventually be pushed the update.

I asked specifically why this is taking so long, comparing the take rate of this phone vs that of another phone with the same release date of software (Galaxy S5) plus the 8X users are not able to pull the update but S5 users are " and about a week later was sent that as a reply.

I've decided to let a little more time pass plus I'd like to see the report on take rate o that I have proof that I actually is not increasing. It likely is, and we are just not included at thus point.

We may just have the bad luck of being at the end of that line. If its not that, I'll need proof of it for them to do anything.

Greyfish7

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the effort! :)

"eventually" I'll have left Verizon when they invariably don't get the next flagship. Hopefully will get the update before then.

Any idea if deactivating and reactivating the DP to try and pull the update weeks ago would've kicked us to the end of the line?

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the effort! :)

"eventually" I'll have left Verizon when they invariably don't get the next flagship. Hopefully will get the update before then.

Any idea if deactivating and reactivating the DP to try and pull the update weeks ago would've kicked us to the end of the line?
Hmm good thought, but I don't think so since I left mine alone until I didn't have it for some time. I also missed the last update that VZ put out.

I sent a message to them today regarding it. Still no real progress on the push, so I requested info on the pull of the update since its Ashley been 2 months and the take rate is waaaay low. Knowing WP fans, we'd be all over this update I'd it were made available.

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hmm good thought, but I don't think so since I left mine alone until I didn't have it for some time. I also missed the last update that VZ put out.

I sent a message to them today regarding it. Still no real progress on the push, so I requested info on the pull of the update since its Ashley been 2 months and the take rate is waaaay low. Knowing WP fans, we'd be all over this update I'd it were made available.

Thank you for your help and positive outlook on the HTC 8X update. After all this time though, it seems like HTC and Verizon have abandon the 8X if it is on DP. I was hopeful that Microsoft would include the 8X in the Windows 10 Insider Program like they did with the Developer Preview, but no go so far. I think the lesson learned at this point is that unless you have a Microsoft phone you will always be lacking when it comes to updates.

Bilal34

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I have purchased my HTC 8x version online yesterday, it was on windows 8, I received nearly 7 updated on may phone and finally the last one was for Win phone 8.1, I an surprised all updated went well, with out any issues, haven't seen any bug's in 8.1 in 8X is fast and smooth, one thing I have noticed that it heats up while using 3g or 4g, the temperatures are normal while playing games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05