Could I use a firmware update?

far2many

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Keep having to disconnect Battery

Hi,

I have had my phone 18 months with T-Mobile. Here is whats happened to my phone over the last few weeks in the order they happened.

1. Windows 8x phone began reporting that there was an invalid sim error on a regular basis.
2. Phone would randomly shut down when in pocket.
3. Phone would not turn on and got stuck in boot loop. (Seemed like the battery would not charge)

I bought a battery and took the phone apart and replaced it. After the phone goes to the lock screen a few times it suddenly wont boot/turn on at all. Removing the back cover and disconnecting the battery connector and putting it back on immediately the phone works again (for three or four turn ons).

It sounds to me like the phone is unable to regulate the battery anymore thinking its out of charge. When the phone is on it works perfectly. I was wondering if there is a firmware update for TMobile HTC 8x that I could try that might help...?

Hardware Version 0002
Firmware Version 3030.041201.401
OS Version 8.0.10501.0

far2many

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Boot Loop, Battery and 8x Not turning on

Just an update as everytime I removed the battery connector and put it back on the phone worked.

This time I have not put the back on the Phone (the two connectors plus the coaxial connexion is still disconnected).

It works a treat! Been 5 hours, will leave overnight and update in the morning. Seems the fault may be in the mini board in the back..?

far2many

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Keep having to disconnect Battery

Hi,

Phone stays on two days later with almost constant checking. Disconnecting the back and the two ribbon cables and the co-axial means the phone does not enter unrecoverable mode. The phone has been tested several times and boots up and shuts down correctly. The fault must lie with the back panel.

Thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes