Visit site
Wonder if 8X is going to get windowphone 10
I know we still have no official update to 8.1
I mean if the Dev Preview
would be compatible to 8X

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Dev preview is for all so I see no reason why it won't be.
But as somebody's signature here says. If HTC WP 8x gets WP 10 then won't it be 10x? :D

KevinM1

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Wonder if 8X is going to get windowphone 10
I know we still have no official update to 8.1
I mean if the Dev Preview
would be compatible to 8X

Officially? I doubt it. Most, if not all 8X's don't even have 8.1 yet. Moreover, new OSes are generally used to push new hardware, so if HTC wants a WP10 phone, it will likely be on a new handset.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on HTC, Microsoft will try to get w10 to all w8 phones, why it doesn't get it to HTC?

because while MS releases the software, it requires active cooperation by HTC to make an official release. (and firmware if deemed necessary)
and if the 8X is tied to a carrier, the carrier will have to push it to customers, and sometimes the carrier cant be bothered to do so.

andrew120

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have an 8x and I'm soooo pissed
If I will continue to stay on Windows, I will never buy a non-MS phone again.
Without OS updates, the phone becomes a junk.

And I don't care how nice any of the future non-MS will be.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

How is any of that different to any Android phone?

I've got an 8X, and understand the frustration, but it's not unique to WP and even a carrier locked Lumia will have the same issues with carriers not approving updates.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Without OS updates, the phone doesn't change or improve. But by no means does it become junk. It just doesn't change for better. I have a Treo, a time when updates was the exception not the rule, and it works fine etc. Its just old.

but you're doing fine with 8.1 right?
But hey, updates are a sticking point, so i feel you.

andrew120

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Without OS updates, the phone doesn't change or improve. But by no means does it become junk. It just doesn't change for better. I have a Treo, a time when updates was the exception not the rule, and it works fine etc. Its just old.

but you're doing fine with 8.1 right?
But hey, updates are a sticking point, so i feel you.

I don't have Windows Phone 8.1 on it because it's not available.
And I don't want to update to the 8.1 developer version which doesn't have OEM specific drivers.
What a joke.
I'll never buy a non-MS phone again.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Don't know for you guys, but mine HTC 8X I working just fine with 8.1 update on DP. It has no bugs, and only thing I don't like is that HTC hub is not showing time while pinned to start screen. So my advice is...jump into Phone Insider app, wait for official Microsoft release and update to Windows 10. Don't waste time on waiting for HTC to release 8.1.

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I was told yesterday that my 8x (Verizon) failed the 8.1 upgrade. I'm not getting it...ever. So why would we get 10?
Same story here in Australia
Vodafone was about to roll it out
now HTC has pulled the update
maybe with no HTC frmware phone not upgradable to win 10

matty032

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
There is software to convert the Lumia phones back to 8.1 if the win10 preview is too evil. Has anyone heard of similar software for the 8X? Or, even if MS Insider will let us update our 8X's?

skinholt

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I see now that T Mobile has announced the 8X will not get 8.1.1. I think Verizon will do the same. I'm holding out for a flagship Window Lumina with Windows 10. Will have to wait a few more months.

skinholt

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I've never been happier to be wrong. I posted that we 8x Verizon owners were never getting 8.1.1 (direct from HTC) support but today the update has arrived!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786