Is HTC 8X Updating to Windows Phone 8.1?

TenchiMisakio

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I didn't see any threads about this so I wanted to post one. Have long been a Verizon Trophy user from Washington State. It looks like was just offerered an update for Microsoft Update version 8.0.10.532.166. After this update, it looks like it's now downloading an official 8.1 Windows update. If this is FINALLY it, I think I'm going to pee myself. I'll post a confirmation after it's done

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The trophy will never get Windows 8 so idk what you're even talking about. You're stuck on 7.8. Unless there is a miracle I don't know about.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Had 8.1 on my 8X since April 15 with DP. Had 4-5 updates since then. Don't understand what the fuss is..

Having PfD installed is not the issue here, I've also had all the OS updates that the PfD can provide. We've been waiting for an official update from HTC since that also comes with newer firmware and that's exactly what I received a few days ago, see my thread here. http://forums.windowscentral.com/ht...anded-8-1-update-pfd-enabled-has-arrived.html.

Ironically, to receive the HTC update, you have to have the PfD activated and I had it de-activated for some time. I've no idea of the rollout for US variants, mine is an unbranded UK variant. The only useful update of note is that the HTC app live tile works again with '8.1 Update' but there's no 'Hey Cortana'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb