How to install join conference app?

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I was all excited about the new Microsoft Garage app, but when I go to the store it says I can't use it on my device. I am running 8.11 dev preview so why can't I install it?

damonator98

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it's Lumia only, but that's very strange cause many Lumia exclusive apps have made it to other wp's as far as I'm concerned. :?

bret_johnson

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
This is Bret from the Join Conference team. Our intention wasn't to make this app Lumia only, but we've gotten some other reports of the same issue. We're investigating to try to fix it.

bret_johnson

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
OK, we believe we've fixed it & in about 4 hours all non-Lumia users will be able to install. Can you guys please post back to confirm that it works now (after giving it a few hours). Thanks. And feel free to share other feedback on the app after you (hopefully) get it installed.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
OK, we believe we've fixed it & in about 4 hours all non-Lumia users will be able to install. Can you guys please post back to confirm that it works now (after giving it a few hours). Thanks. And feel free to share other feedback on the app after you (hopefully) get it installed.

Hi Bret,

I used this app a lot under its Nokia name. Very useful.

I had a call the other day though that pulled up the Lync app after the app checked for settings, but I wanted to call in instead of Lync in.

I see that a Long press on the icon allowed a second "Microsoft" selection which showed a number to 'save', but the number didn't include the conference code, and I couldn't simply call. This was on the Windows 10 insider build of Windows phone, so don't know if that was causing problems.

Would be great to have 2 buttons in the app - a Lync and Telephone in that situation.

Thanks for a great tool!

bret_johnson

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. Can I ask when all you personally want to just call in verses join via the Lync app? I mean, I can guess and we've got a few other requests for that, but I'd like to understand better what all the scenarios are when folks prefer analog dial in (how common it is, how prominent both UI choices should be, etc.). It makes sense though.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. Can I ask when all you personally want to just call in verses join via the Lync app? I mean, I can guess and we've got a few other requests for that, but I'd like to understand better what all the scenarios are when folks prefer analog dial in (how common it is, how prominent both UI choices should be, etc.). It makes sense though.

Well the other day the scenario was because the meeting initiator didn't actually accept people into the Lync meeting, they were just really wanting a voice conference. So I used the call button from the app and tried joining Lync as a guest, sat there a couple of minutes and then decided I needed to voice dial in.

I actually had to find paper to write the number and code down because WP10 has currently removed paste of a telephone number into the dialer app.

Anyway, in this instance, there was no workflow on the phone to dial in automatically - but the app knows from the appointment the number etc. so a dial option would really help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12