Random Charging Notification Sound

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Recently my 8X (WP 8.1) has been making the charging notification sound long after I first plug it in. It'll be charging for a couple hours, for instance, and make that same sound a few times as when it's first plugged in.

The red charging light stays steady and the lock screen doesn't appear, so I don't think it's a bad connection or current issue. I unplug it, replug it in, and charging resumes normally.

It's more annoying than troubling; it wakes me up if the phone is near the bed.

Has anyone else seen this? I'd rather not do a factory reset unless I have to.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I've seen this with my 930 and presumed it was due to Qi charging.....maybe not?

Like you say the phone makes a noise but there is no indication of why.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
If you don't have the batter saver on "Always" while you're charging it, when it's fully charged it will stop charging and if it sits there long enough it will drain <1% or more so it will start charging again and you get that sound. Turn down the sound all the way and it won't wake you up or use "quiet hours" to disable sounds during that period of time you're asleep.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
That makes sense, but I should have said it makes the sounds when it's well below 100%. I've heard it at 60%, for instance.

Quiet Hours is a great idea.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I now suspect the wall charger (OEM HTC) is going bad. I tried a couple different ones, and they worked without a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte