I'm partially deaf and I have trouble hearing the phone ring even with the volume set to its highest, I was wondering if there was an app that boosts the sound and if so which one is the best?
    When I'm at home I have Bluetooth speaker that I pair the phone to to help me hear if I have a call or text, I just ordered one of those earpieces for when I'm out hoping that will or might help.
    05-19-2015 07:06 AM
    What about using a "loud" ringtone.
    Have a look to these http://www.filmstotreasure.co.uk/rin...20-%20free.htm.
    jabtano likes this.
    05-19-2015 07:42 AM
    Or maybe you want to use continious tones for your alerts. I mean song or just long tones in general.
    05-19-2015 07:46 AM
    I'm tone deaf. I found two ring tones that I can hear. One is called the matrix tone. The other is 1985 ringer. Even on the m8 for windows I miss most sounds. Even using ring and vibrate oh on the m8 I can't get that ring and vibrate to work at the same time as I did on theL925
    05-19-2015 08:34 AM
    I just listened to those on the PC but couldn't find them via the3 phone to download?
    05-19-2015 08:38 AM
    05-19-2015 09:36 AM
    alternative suggestion, and admittedly expensive, but if you were thinking about wearables anyway, a smart watch like the MS band, with its haptic feedback for notifications, like a vibration/tap on the wrist, could be a more sure fire way of not missing that important call!
    jmshub and dda_k like this.
    05-20-2015 11:48 AM
    I have uploaded my ringtone to my Onedrive with a link to it here: http://1drv.ms/1F2WAOT

I use this in the summer time. I drive a Jeep, and with the top down, it gets extremely loud at highway speed. This ringtone is very shrill and at max volume, I can hear it through all the other racket. I'm not sure if this tone is in an audio range that will help you, but I hope it helps.
    05-20-2015 10:24 PM
    As mentioned previously, I'm thinking the MS Band is the way to go if the loud ringtones don't work.

Alternatively, there is a battery powered device that activates a flashing LED light via cell phone vibtations. It's called the 'LightOn' by DreamZon. Works on any phone w/vibration capability. The model looks similar in size and shape to a phone dock. Might be a partial solution for home/office or car use...looks like it is the $50-60 range.

Dreamzon - Products

------------------------------
    DreamZon's LightOn is an innovative signaling solution specifically developed for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. It alerts users by flashing a bright LED light when there's a new call or text message on their cell phone.
    ---------------------------------

Of topic....seems like this is screaming for an app solution....you know like an app that is triggered by the ringtone or vibration to flash a white light on the start screen. Maybe one of the hundred or so flashlight apps could figure this out <hint>
    05-20-2015 11:08 PM
    The LightOn looks good, I might look in to getting one of those as well.

I got delivery of my new earpiece yesterday, I got it paired up to the phone now so will be trying it out later, I did try it briefly yesterday but my fault I never read the instructions properly and couldn't hear a thing, I re-read them today and realised my mistake lol.

As some of you with bad hearing will know, some sounds come through a lot better than others, it's trial and error finding the right one.
    05-21-2015 03:41 AM
    Update:
    I just ordered a LightOn (above posts), I'm in the UK the cost was 22 inc postage.
    05-21-2015 04:49 AM
    its amazing how this community offers help. good job people. :D

Hope thins work out for you. :)​
    Harrie-S likes this.
    05-21-2015 05:18 AM
    What!
    05-21-2015 12:10 PM
    Update: I went shopping yesterday and took/tried my new earpiece, I tried to make a phone call to my daughter but heard nothing so I ended up using my phone the normal way.
    While I was out I called in the mobile phone shop and the guy there helped me out, he deleted the earpiece from my phone that I thought was paired then reinstalled/paired it up, this time the text on the phone went blue and not the white colour it was when I did it, he tested it by making call and it worked.
    I tried it later with success, it has made a big difference, I know a lot of you have probably got and had one for years but this is the first time for me.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    05-23-2015 01:49 AM