The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-30-2016 07:46 AM
345 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I think it means no more than what always appeared on the "supported phones" page: (sorry can't link as my post count isn't high enough)
    If your phone isn't listed, and no preview builds appear under Enroll in the Windows Insider app, then your phone isn't supported and it may or may not be supported in the future.
    In other words, just because WP10TP got pushed out to unsupported phones by accident, it doesn't change their plans, they're not suddenly now going to start supporting WP10TP on those phones.

That said, we were told previously the main reason the HTC 8X wasn't supported at that time was because Microsoft did not have the recovery file from HTC. If they get it as a result of last week's screwup it can only help our situation.

Aside, I reviewed the Insider Program Terms & Conditions (sorry again, can't link) and after saying:
    the Program Services, if installed on a mobile device, may inadvertently damage your device rendering it inoperable.
    ..it goes on and on at great length to spell out that Microsoft is not liable for any issues that might arise from the use of the previews, and says users can't sue Microsoft or take part in any class action litigation, only individual arbitration. Interestingly though, it only applies if you live in the USA (or if that's your principle place of business). I live in Canada! Ha!

If my phone is not working by Friday, I will request a replacement phone from Microsoft.
    Alex Jong and Grimmush like this.
    09-21-2015 09:32 PM
    Aside, I reviewed the Insider Program Terms & Conditions (sorry again, can't link) and after saying:
    ..it goes on and on at great length to spell out that Microsoft is not liable for any issues that might arise from the use of the previews, and says users can't sue Microsoft or take part in any class action litigation, only individual arbitration. Interestingly though, it only applies if you live in the USA (or if that's your principle place of business). I live in Canada! Ha!

If my phone is not working by Friday, I will request a replacement phone from Microsoft.
    You know. It could be a conspiracy theory to indirectly force users to purchase new phones rather than keep their previous phones and upgrade it instead. Lol.
    09-22-2015 04:36 AM
    You know. It could be a conspiracy theory to indirectly force users to purchase new phones rather than keep their previous phones and upgrade it instead. Lol.
    if this happens an Android or Iphone upgrade in on the way
    09-22-2015 06:53 AM
    Many android phone suffered same fate.

And ppl keep buy it

Pretty old stuff I bet your battery discharge rate less tolerable now

Time to do upgrade maybe?
    09-22-2015 07:01 AM
    I find the offerings from Android or Apple to be pretty clunky and crude.
    09-22-2015 08:09 AM
    Notice Gabriel said images with a "s". I wonder if that means they need a Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, etc. image to make the recovery work? If that is the case there is not much incentive for the carriers to help them out of this mess.
    Multiple images because eventhough it is HTC 8X, some of the sub models support LTE , NFC etc. and some don't its dependent on the processor. You can see the difference between mine and Daniel's phone specs. Mine was the initial generation HTC 8x that microsoft gave to its employees back during the launch of WP 8. Where as Daniels one, he might have bought at a later time, when it was upgraded and supported LTE.
    09-22-2015 08:49 AM
    Did you know that if you say the word "green" really slowly, it sounds like "gullible"?
    Grimmush likes this.
    09-22-2015 09:01 AM
    Android is one of the worst offenders when it comes to pushing new phones.The OS is so fragmented that often times the only way to get software upgrades is to upgrade the hardware as well. I will say though that Apple is pretty good about letting their older devices get updates for a while. I used a first generation iPod Touch for quite a while before I could no longer get OS updates or new apps from the app store.
    Grimmush likes this.
    09-22-2015 01:51 PM
    Did you know that if you say the word "green" really slowly, it sounds like "gullible"?
    impressive
    How many languages do you speak and write?
    Last edited by FearL0rd; 09-22-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    09-22-2015 05:13 PM
    Android is one of the worst offenders when it comes to pushing new phones.The OS is so fragmented that often times the only way to get software upgrades is to upgrade the hardware as well. I will say though that Apple is pretty good about letting their older devices get updates for a while. I used a first generation iPod Touch for quite a while before I could no longer get OS updates or new apps from the app store.
    I agree but they need to fix the 8X. It is was an Android phone I could flash the room back very easy and iPhone go to apple store and have it swapped
    09-22-2015 05:14 PM
    impressive
    How many languages do you speak and write?

4, why?
    09-22-2015 05:29 PM
    4, why?
    I liked the green/gullible thing
    09-22-2015 05:46 PM
    LOL. I came from a Blackberry to Iphone, then to Android, and finally made the bold move to Windows this year. I've gotten the 8X last year, but used it as a spare phone. Only to realize this year that my Note 3 seems extremely sluggish as compared to the 8X despite the fact it performs the same as I remembered the first day. So that's when I went and sold off my Note 3 and stick with the 8X, now the 8X is unusable I've went and gotten the 640 XL instead. Honestly speaking, apart from the App Gap issue I never thought I would actually love using Windows Phone as compared to my previous experience with other phones. :)
    09-22-2015 09:18 PM
    Guys, I woke up this morning and it stated there was a new update on my 8X. I totally forgotten to charge my phone last night, and I can't update it till it's 40%. Will keep you guys posted to see what the latest update do.
    09-22-2015 09:21 PM
    Looks like the update didn't do anything much. Still small fonts and 5 mins reboot. Connecting to WPRT still no firmware found. Think this update is to block Windows Insider, tried to sign up but was unable to do so. Oh well, going to reset the phone again.
    09-22-2015 11:06 PM
    LOL. I came from a Blackberry to Iphone, then to Android, and finally made the bold move to Windows this year. I've gotten the 8X last year, but used it as a spare phone. Only to realize this year that my Note 3 seems extremely sluggish as compared to the 8X despite the fact it performs the same as I remembered the first day. So that's when I went and sold off my Note 3 and stick with the 8X, now the 8X is unusable I've went and gotten the 640 XL instead. Honestly speaking, apart from the App Gap issue I never thought I would actually love using Windows Phone as compared to my previous experience with other phones. :)
    Yeah if you look my signature. You can tell my way./ I had one iPhone and one Android. The system is very good but they need to do a better support like Apple does.
    09-23-2015 07:42 AM
    Looks like the update didn't do anything much. Still small fonts and 5 mins reboot. Connecting to WPRT still no firmware found. Think this update is to block Windows Insider, tried to sign up but was unable to do so. Oh well, going to reset the phone again.
    I dont have fonts problems. The Phone looks good but reboots every 5 minutes.

I'm trying to load the yesterdays W10 update but the phone reboots before it gets completed. lol.
    09-23-2015 07:44 AM
    I feel for you my brother in HTC. i have HTC 8s still on portico. loving Microsoft OS but i think our device had been forgotten.
    09-23-2015 09:28 PM
    This is promising..
    gabeaul-sep23.png

Did not get an email yet. If anyone got it, please repost it here.
    paulove likes this.
    09-24-2015 11:15 AM
    This is promising..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GabeAul-Sep23.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	112837

The only email I got was that they kicked me out from the insider program. Apart from that, don't see anything yet..
    09-24-2015 11:36 AM
    ^ Seriously?! What did you do to provoke that?!

The only email I got regarding the issue was last Friday (18th, Redmond time), titled "Immediate action required for your Windows Insider Preview". That wasn't actually true.. it was just a notification, similar but not identical to the one posted in Post #225, but instead of the 2nd paragraph that was posted, mine just said that due to the upgrade my phone "may not respond or boot correctly", as if I hadn't noticed for 5 days already, and that "Our top priority is investigating how to recover your device".

It's possible that is what Gabe was referring to, although that was almost a week ago now.
    09-24-2015 11:57 AM
    Yup.. Mine is the same as post #225.. Lol. So I assume they kicked me out.. hahaha..
    09-24-2015 12:03 PM
    This waiting is really painfull...
    09-24-2015 04:54 PM
    This is promising..

I was really surprised I got an answer from @GabeAul. Now we just have to play the waiting game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Joao Silva2 and Alex Jong like this.
    09-24-2015 05:10 PM
    This is promising..

Check post #225 for the email.
    09-24-2015 06:15 PM
345 ... 89101112 ...