HTC 8x won't get Windows 10. [Speculative]

Joao Silva2

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
And guess what the recovery program is not finding any files to recover the phone back to Windows 8.1.

I let it be rebooting and he did go live now! It's finishing the installation... but the signal and the battery simbol on the upper part of the screen are so so so small.. barely visible! :|

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I finally gave up on the rebooting and did the "Reset" in post 45. It then looked like it was going back to 8.1 but did the Windows 10 installation. It looks like it recovered most of my Windows 8.1 settings, but there is something way wrong with the screen resolution like mentioned in the posts above. Everything including the tiles are very small and do not fill out the screen. Not sure how they will fix it.

paulove

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The reason for the tiny elements on the screen is a display scaling issue. An easy fix that hopefully MS will push in next update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
OK, I turned off show more tiles and now the live tiles fill the screen, but everything on the other screens are so small you can hardly see it without a magnifying glass.

Last edited:

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Only reason the 8x is getting this build is because the build has a problem with the detectoids, Gabe is advising that you reflash your devices as the phone is still unsupported in this build and problems can come up.

Anubhav Kumar

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I finally gave up on the rebooting and did the "Reset" in post 45. It then looked like it was going back to 8.1 but did the Windows 10 installation. It looks like it recovered most of my Windows 8.1 settings, but there is something way wrong with the screen resolution like mentioned in the posts above. Everything including the tiles are very small and do not fill out the screen. Not sure how they will fix it.

I tried doing the hard resent from the link in post #45, but it doesn't show me any exclamation mark instead takes me to the rotating gear screen and the again switches off after some time.
Any tip?

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
What an interesting conundrum! Other than the tiny elements and text it seems to be working.

Performing a factory reset using phone buttons seems to reset it to Windows 10

1. Turn the power off.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. Release the VOLUME DOWN button when you see an icon on the screen.
3. Then press the following hardware buttons in sequence: VOLUME UP > VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN.

Last edited:

Joao Silva2

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
What an interesting conundrum! Other than the tiny elements and text it seems to be working.

1. Turn the power off.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. Release the VOLUME DOWN button when you see an icon on the screen.
3. Then press the following hardware buttons in sequence: VOLUME UP > VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN.

I can't do this. In the sequence, when i press the power button the phone reboots immediately...
I can't restore the phone with Windows phone recovery tools either... stuck on this right now

Alex Jong

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

1. Turn the power off.

I was having random reboots even after trying your steps to do a factory reset. The problem lies when the phones started to ask if I would like to restore from a previous phone settings I opted for a fresh start instead. Till now it seems to solve my problems of the random reboot issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs