HTC 8x won't get Windows 10. [Speculative]

dirtyrockerss

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I own an HTC 8x and have done the update. But as many other users my phone keeps rebooting. Since 2h a message appears on the screen that says ''This phone has been locked for security reasons. Try to plugin charge and try again in 2h''. I can't use my phone, still keeps rebooting. Anybody has this problem with locked phone ?

Last edited:

Joao Silva2

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I own an HTC 8x and have done the upadte. But as many other users my phone keeps rebooting. Since 2h a message appears on the screen that says ''This phone has been locked for security reasons. Try to plugin charge and try again in 2h''. I can't use my phone, still keeps rebooting. Anybody has this problem with locked phone ?

No.
There's so many people with this problems and we haven't heard a single word from htc or microsoft. All we have now is a brick with htc logo.

Grimmush

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
This is absurd. For the last 4-5 hrs my phone keeps rebooting every 5 minutes.

No.
There's so many people with this problems and we haven't heard a single word from htc or microsoft. All we have now is a brick with htc logo.

But HTC doesn't have much to say in this issue, the update was done outside of the official line, through a alpha/beta program, the only ones at fault are microsoft for ******* up with their ******* detectoids. It's hard even for them do deny any liability here as they made a mistake, this isn't an anomaly, an isolated issue affecting 10 people, it's affecting ALL 8x phones (probably others as well). Most likely all because someone or some group of people forgot to properly label the package before hitting the go button on the latest update.

People are enrolled in the preview program for quite some time and this kind of ****ery was never experienced before with other preview builds.

Last edited:

milho

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
HTC should do only one single thing. And this is the only solution for this matter. Provide the HTC 8X recovery image(s) to Microsoft. Then we all can roll back to 8.1.

EllipsisT

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
HTC 8X - quietly rebooting

Revived my old account and tweeted this to Gabe:

Accidental release of Win10 to HTC 8x bricked my phone. Error Code: 0xc0000034 Please add HTC 8x files to the WPRT server.

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
HTC 8X - quietly rebooting

Revived my old account and tweeted this to Gabe:

Accidental release of Win10 to HTC 8x bricked my phone. Error Code: 0xc0000034 Please add HTC 8x files to the WPRT server.

My question is who has the HTC 8X Windows 8.1 files needed for recovery? I remember some weeks ago Gabe tweeted that the 8X would get the Windows 10 Insider preview when Microsoft gets the recovery files from I think he used the word "vendor" or "manufacturer". In the case of Verizon I think the original process went something like this; Microsoft released Windows 8.1 to HTC for testing, then HTC gave it to Verizon for testing. If there were problems the bugs when back up the line to be fixed and then new code sent back down the chain. So who needs to give the code to Microsoft? If you were on Windows 8.1 preview that code came directly from Microsoft!

What about AT&T and T-Mobil, are they all different for the 8X? What a huge mess.

JBeav

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
On Microsoft forums, many have fixed rebooting issue with doing a hard reset after update (settings> about> reset phone). So I would suggest you that cuz you got nothing to lose.

This worked for me on my verizon branded 8x. When I first updated I was having the random reboots. Did a hard reset and it's been okay since.

The odd thing though, is after I did the reset - now I have all the verizon/htc branded apps where I didn't have them before the reset. I'd suggest at least trying it.

EllipsisT

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
This is not an option for many of us. Our phones go to a "Recovery" Blue Screen right after the white HTC logo and then reboot repeatedly on their own. Holding Power + Up Volume or Power + Down Volume is not being recognized by the phone.

All I can do is put it into diagnostic mode by holding both volume buttons. In this mode, I can plug it into my PC and get the Windows Phone Repair Tool to see it, but Microsoft doesn't have HTC 8x files on the server to perform the needed flash.

Joao Silva2

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
This is not an option for many of us. Our phone's go to a "Recovery" Blue Screen right after the white HTC logo. Holding Power + Up Volume or Power + Down Volume is not being recognized by the phone.

All I can do is put it into diagnostic mode by holding both volume buttons. In this mode, I can plug it into my PC and get the Windows Phone Repair Tool to see it, but Microsoft doesn't have HTC 8x files on the server to perform the needed flash.

That's right!

ZundleFire

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
My phone downloaded the update. Right before I was going to hit install, I got a notification from windows central saying not to install. So I didn't install it, but now my phone will automatically install the 18th! I really don't want to do a reset on my phone again

altinselimi

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My phone downloaded the update. Right before I was going to hit install, I got a notification from windows central saying not to install. So I didn't install it, but now my phone will automatically install the 18th! I really don't want to do a reset on my phone again

Do you want to turn ur phone into a brick? Because thats how you turn your phone into a brick.

JBeav

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
This is not an option for many of us. Our phones go to a "Recovery" Blue Screen right after the white HTC logo and then reboot repeatedly on their own. Holding Power + Up Volume or Power + Down Volume is not being recognized by the phone.

Turn the power off.
Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. Release the VOLUME DOWN button when you see an icon on the screen.
Then press the following hardware buttons in sequence: VOLUME UP > VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN.

Those are the steps I followed, and they worked out for me. Might be worth a shot. It's not just holding the power/volume keys. Mine is a verizon HTC 8x though. Others may be different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos