HTC 8x won't get Windows 10. [Speculative]

Grimmush

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, the download speed is cringe worthy.

I tried 2 other RUUs and those did not work. Hopefully this one does, as my phone model it matches the other phones that it worked with(Unlocked, EU).

Joao Silva2

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
How do you download this rom so fast? It is dripping at 10 kb/s at most, eta 2 days.

I downloaded from OneDrive (it has a link to onedrive on that guide). Took me 10mins at most.

It worked for me but I CAN'T update the rom... I search for updates, it has one to do but says "it can't be opened". This rom also has an app that I never saw before "search something"... Don't trust this rom for "final use". But, for now, it is what it is and at least i don't have a brick anymore.

Last edited:

paulove

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I get error while trying to install update as well. The app is nothing to worry about just uninstall it.
I don't think it is possible to change important things in roms. Maybe a carrier added app?

I don't think we need to worry about update issue, many WP users have it.

Last edited:

Shishioh

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
It's hilarious that today WinSupport announced they are re-branding to #LumiaHelp after the absolute lack of help they provided any of us with today. Their answer to me was "check the forums". Thanks support!

Shishioh

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Are any of the phones that were successful in the flash Batabole posted tied to a provider or all unlocked? I couldn't get the NBF file to work, Error 296.

Joao Silva2

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Are any of the phones that were successful in the flash Batabole posted tied to a provider or all unlocked? I couldn't get the NBF file to work, Error 296.

My phone is unlocked...

I'm still hopping for the ROM we should have from the official recovery tool...

Funny thing is, I had Here Drive + installed on my HTC (installed long ago!) and now it says that the app is not available ... good.

Last edited:

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone seen any official response from Gabe Aul on what Microsoft's plan is to resolve all the bricked and or rebooting HTC 8X phones? It has been two full days now since the Windows 10 disaster and you would think there would be some type of acknowledgement of their error and a statement on what they are trying to do to get the mess fixed.

Grimmush

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded from OneDrive (it has a link to onedrive on that guide). Took me 10mins at most.

It worked for me but I CAN'T update the rom... I search for updates, it has one to do but says "it can't be opened". This rom also has an app that I never saw before "search something"... Don't trust this rom for "final use". But, for now, it is what it is and at least i don't have a brick anymore.

Yup, he added a OneDrive link afterward, noticed it after hitting refresh. I feel like an *****, been downloading for 9 hr and only at 25% with the old link. The OneDrive finished in 2 mins. :amaze:

Later Edit:
And done, back on 8.1. Took 2 attempts to flash but it went through till the end the 2nd time.

Last edited:

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't feel much of a surprise on hearing this, it makes a lot of sense if HTC decides to abandon it, apparently almost all their development are focusing on Android devices, yet still yields a extremely poor market share.

Also I heard some source indicating HTC would still intend to develop a Win10 Mobile device, for that I won't be of any surprise, since HTC still develop windows devices to this day, and still not officially announce that they would totally abandon Windows phone OS, that leaves some possibilities for future Win10 mobile devices from HTC. Still since this is unconfirmed, I shall take it as rumor.........

mahesh katragadda

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much...my htc 8x working well after rom update utility. firstly 98 % done after restarted and gets an error after that again i was started 100% done. finally my device working well... thanks and kudos

samtronX

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Some how My phone started working. After that I did hard reset twice with no connectivity and i didn't log in. Now the only issue is with the store. it is giving me a 0x803f7000 error when trying to download anything. So far Phone hasn't rebooted for past 5 and a half hours but battery is draining like anything.

UPDATE : The moment I changed the Location and restarted. I am Getting the message "This device has been locked for security reasons. Connect your device to the power source for at least two hours, and then try again"

Last edited:

samtronX

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
And those who have successfully updated so far check Microsoft office in phone it is more like that of desktop app. I compared it with my friends Lumia 920 and the one we have is far better along with most of the windows 10 elements of the desktop are present in our devices because the build is not able to differentiate if its a phone, a tab or a pc ;).

Shishioh

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Nothing. I tweeted to him again asking if there is any indication of a fix. I am so livid right now, I don't have anything other than a severely old android phone so I'm stuck with this rebooting brick right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo