HTC 8x won't get Windows 10. [Speculative]

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Gabe Aul tweeted

"We?re working on repair options for the devices that were not supported but got the latest build. Mostly HTC 8X phones, but some BLU & other"

"This is a high priority for us to solve and have a team dedicated to it. We will let you know as soon as we have info on recovery."

We can expect help soon.

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Gabe Aul tweeted

"We’re working on repair options for the devices that were not supported but got the latest build. Mostly HTC 8X phones, but some BLU & other"

"This is a high priority for us to solve and have a team dedicated to it. We will let you know as soon as we have info on recovery."

We can expect help soon.

Thank goodness. Figuring out a solution is going to be really, really complicated.

Do they figure out a way to get back to Windows 8.1 that they have little control of because of HTCs involvement and all the different carrier's customizations or do they go forward with Windows 10 that they do have control of but has little testing on the 8X?

I sure would not want to be the guy at Microsoft that caused this mess.

Joao Silva2

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank goodness. Figuring out a solution is going to be really, really complicated.

Do they figure out a way to get back to Windows 8.1 that they have little control of because of HTCs involvement and all the different carrier's customizations or do they go forward with Windows 10 that they do have control of but has little testing on the 8X?

I sure would not want to be the guy at Microsoft that caused this mess.

I'm pretty sure they will figure out a way to get back to WP8.1. W10 it's not yet a stable OS.

But they surely can provide us the possibility to test w10 dp... afterall, we'll have the possibility to reflash once the files are in their servers.

sorry for my bad english but i think i made my point.

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Isn't that a "step back" ? Specially on the screen quality. (i was almost doing tha same thing, btw).

I was surprised how few Windows Phones each of the main US carriers have for selection nowadays. AT&T has only 640 XL, Sprint only the 635, T-Mobile only the 635 and Verizon with the 735. Unless I'm not searching their sites correctly for phones it does not look like a good sign for the future of the Windows Phone. I think it might be possible to buy the higher end Windows phones at the Microsoft store and use them on the carrier of your choosing.

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Isn't that a "step back" ? Specially on the screen quality. (i was almost doing tha same thing, btw).

Yes and no... the 8x has a bit better pixel density but both are 720p and the 640 has gorilla glass 3 compared to gorilla glass 1 of the 8x. 640 better processor, both 1gig ram, 8x 16gig vs 8 memory but 640 has sd slot, glance tho limited, clear black, better rear camera although it's still only adequate at best, and few other things. So all I'm losing is a bit better pixel density which may or may not really be noticeable.

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

I am able to get rid of "This device has been locked for security reasons. Connect your device to the power source for at least two hours, and then try again"

by using "Windows Phone app for desktop"

Steps to get rid of the message:

1. Don't connect your HTC 8X to computer
2. Open "Windows Phone app for desktop"
3. Click "Can't find your phone? Try Find My Phone." link
4. Devices open in a browser, click "Find my phone" link
5. Click "Lock" button and set a pin and click "Lock" button
6. After you get the message as your phone is locked, unlock your phone by using the PIN you set in above step
7. Go to "Settings" and remove the PIN to get rid of the security message in future.

Pathetic thing is my lovely HTC 8X is restarting for every 5 minutes. Now all in the hands of MSFT to get us out of this trouble.

1.JPG
2.JPG

noor khan1

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
hey
i just updated my htc 8x to windows 10 developer preview but its not working well. i want to rollbakc to windows 8.1 via windows phone recovery tools. however it shows that software package not found on the server.. please help..........

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

Joao Silva2

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
hey
i just updated my htc 8x to windows 10 developer preview but its not working well. i want to rollbakc to windows 8.1 via windows phone recovery tools. however it shows that software package not found on the server.. please help..........

You could read the posts above..

jorgejlt

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded the windows 10 developer preview and don't want to install it but phone says is gonna be installed tonight. How can I stop it? Hard reset? Thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs