Any solution for the constant reboot due to installing W10M latest build?

Abhas Kumar1

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
any solution for the constant reboot due to installing W10M latest build???? plz help

yesterday my Phone HTC Windows Phone 8X automatically installed the new build and now the fonts are too small.but thats not the real problem...the most irritating and disgusting problem is that it is rebooting again and again every 5 minutes...And no support from Windows phone recovery tool..now m unable to use my phone...its my only daily driver

Joao Silva2

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: any solution for the constant reboot due to installing W10M latest build???? plz help

Tweet gabe aul. He's the only one who can help us right now... but we really got to be a pain in his *** to get some answer.

TrustySnooze

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: any solution for the constant reboot due to installing W10M latest build???? plz help

Have you done a hard reset? Mine no longer reboots on it's own.

paulove

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Mine was stable for about 12 hours after a hard reset. But then it started rebooting every 5 mins or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robin Moulinou

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

i Get the same problem and when i want to do a Hard Reset he reboot just after the HTC white screen , pls help

Savvas Y

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

Solution here blog.repsaj.nl/index.php/2015/09/wp10-solution-for-bricked-htc-8x-after-windows-phone-10-upgrade/

TrustySnooze

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Mine was stable for about 12 hours after a hard reset. But then it started rebooting every 5 mins or so.

This is what I did:
Hard reset, sign into account, don't restore settings/app, disable any reporting to Microsoft, don't use a passcode.
It's been around 20 hours now without a reboot. I have not turned my phone off yet either though...

paulove

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

This is what I did:
Hard reset, sign into account, don't restore settings/app, disable any reporting to Microsoft, don't use a passcode.
It's been around 20 hours now without a reboot. I have not turned my phone off yet either though...

Then do not reboot or turn it off, I believe that will make it get random reboots.

shobhan03

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Alright trying out this method. shall post when its done. thanks for the much help

gabest11

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Wanted to test the no reboot method, but it is impossible, I have to change language :( It's the first step of the initial setup and it is mandatory to restart there.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Wanted to test the no reboot method, but it is impossible, I have to change language :( It's the first step of the initial setup and it is mandatory to restart there.

It's only mandatory to reboot if you change it. Keep it at what it is set. Don't even login to your ms account, just go in and do a hard reset after. Don't restore any backups.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It is German unfortunately, imported from Austria to Hungary.

It's fine just let it be German. Keep clicking next. The icons should all be in the same spots. Then once it loads just go to all settings, still in the same spot. Top icon in settings. Scroll to the bottom and it's the 2nd last one "about". then scroll and hit reset. This time you can select the right language when reset happens and it brings you to the language select. when in doubt use translator online.

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I did the hard reset, did no restore when prompted (started anew), did sign in to my account, and phone has gone 2 days without the constant restart. I have not turned my phone off during these past two days tough. I'm afraid that it will start the constant restart if I do. Battery life is great, phone does not heat up. The only function that does not work is my 3g/4g data, which means I cannot surf web unless I'm on WiFi, or send texts, unless I use WhatsApp. I have the HTC 8xt on Sprint btw.

TrustySnooze

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I did the hard reset, did no restore when prompted (started anew), did sign in to my account, and phone has gone 2 days without the constant restart. I have not turned my phone off during these past two days tough. I'm afraid that it will start the constant restart if I do. Battery life is great, phone does not heat up. The only function that does not work is my 3g/4g data, which means I cannot surf web unless I'm on WiFi, or send texts, unless I use WhatsApp. I have the HTC 8xt on Sprint btw.

I can confirm to you that if your phone turns off, it will start rebooting again. Also, one or more of the things sending data to Microsoft causes the phone to heat up and kills battery life so it's definitely best to just turn them off when setting up. I personally can't say I've had a problem with data on Verizon, have you tried turning airplane mode on and off? I will say that I cannot recieve group messages for whatever reason.

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I agree with you. My phone almost lasted four days without a restart...it did today, and after it restarted, it went into the never ending restarts. I was forced to do the hard reset and go through the same set up all over again. I have tried turning airplane on and off without any positive result. Thanks for the reply.

Mike deTomaso

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
The Windows Phone Recovery Tool now has files to recover 8Xs that accidently installed Windows 10 back to 8.1 Update 2. Not sure if there are files for every carrier, but it recovered my 8X on Verizon. The files for Verizon recover the Verizon aps too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss