yesterday my Phone HTC Windows Phone 8X automatically installed the new build and now the fonts are too small.but thats not the real problem...the most irritating and disgusting problem is that it is rebooting again and again every 5 minutes...And no support from Windows phone recovery tool..now m unable to use my phone...its my only daily driver
    Ion Gritco likes this.
    09-16-2015 01:21 AM
    The same here :(
    09-16-2015 02:04 AM
    Tweet gabe aul. He's the only one who can help us right now... but we really got to be a pain in his *** to get some answer.
    09-16-2015 06:04 AM
    Have you done a hard reset? Mine no longer reboots on it's own.
    09-16-2015 06:33 AM
    Mine was stable for about 12 hours after a hard reset. But then it started rebooting every 5 mins or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TrustySnooze likes this.
    09-16-2015 08:37 AM
    i Get the same problem and when i want to do a Hard Reset he reboot just after the HTC white screen , pls help
    09-16-2015 09:51 AM
    Solution here blog.repsaj.nl/index.php/2015/09/wp10-solution-for-bricked-htc-8x-after-windows-phone-10-upgrade/
    shobhan03 likes this.
    09-16-2015 10:00 AM
    Mine was stable for about 12 hours after a hard reset. But then it started rebooting every 5 mins or so.

This is what I did:
    Hard reset, sign into account, don't restore settings/app, disable any reporting to Microsoft, don't use a passcode.
    It's been around 20 hours now without a reboot. I have not turned my phone off yet either though...
    09-16-2015 12:14 PM
    This is what I did:
    Hard reset, sign into account, don't restore settings/app, disable any reporting to Microsoft, don't use a passcode.
    It's been around 20 hours now without a reboot. I have not turned my phone off yet either though...
    Then do not reboot or turn it off, I believe that will make it get random reboots.

09-16-2015 08:46 PM
    Alright trying out this method. shall post when its done. thanks for the much help
    09-17-2015 12:44 AM
    Wanted to test the no reboot method, but it is impossible, I have to change language :( It's the first step of the initial setup and it is mandatory to restart there.
    09-17-2015 08:09 AM
    Wanted to test the no reboot method, but it is impossible, I have to change language :( It's the first step of the initial setup and it is mandatory to restart there.
    It's only mandatory to reboot if you change it. Keep it at what it is set. Don't even login to your ms account, just go in and do a hard reset after. Don't restore any backups.
    09-17-2015 09:07 AM
    It is German unfortunately, imported from Austria to Hungary.
    09-17-2015 09:35 AM
    It is German unfortunately, imported from Austria to Hungary.
    It's fine just let it be German. Keep clicking next. The icons should all be in the same spots. Then once it loads just go to all settings, still in the same spot. Top icon in settings. Scroll to the bottom and it's the 2nd last one "about". then scroll and hit reset. This time you can select the right language when reset happens and it brings you to the language select. when in doubt use translator online.
    09-17-2015 12:35 PM
    hey
    i wanna roll back to windows 8.1. but windows recovery tool say
    "software package not found on server."
    help me plz
    09-18-2015 12:56 AM
    hey
    i wanna roll back to windows 8.1. but windows recovery tool say
    "software package not found on server."
    help me plz
    Microsoft has a team working on a solution Microsoft working to repair non-supported phones with latest Windows 10 Mobile build | Windows Central
    09-18-2015 02:44 AM
    I did the hard reset, did no restore when prompted (started anew), did sign in to my account, and phone has gone 2 days without the constant restart. I have not turned my phone off during these past two days tough. I'm afraid that it will start the constant restart if I do. Battery life is great, phone does not heat up. The only function that does not work is my 3g/4g data, which means I cannot surf web unless I'm on WiFi, or send texts, unless I use WhatsApp. I have the HTC 8xt on Sprint btw.
    09-24-2015 08:58 AM
    I did the hard reset, did no restore when prompted (started anew), did sign in to my account, and phone has gone 2 days without the constant restart. I have not turned my phone off during these past two days tough. I'm afraid that it will start the constant restart if I do. Battery life is great, phone does not heat up. The only function that does not work is my 3g/4g data, which means I cannot surf web unless I'm on WiFi, or send texts, unless I use WhatsApp. I have the HTC 8xt on Sprint btw.
    I can confirm to you that if your phone turns off, it will start rebooting again. Also, one or more of the things sending data to Microsoft causes the phone to heat up and kills battery life so it's definitely best to just turn them off when setting up. I personally can't say I've had a problem with data on Verizon, have you tried turning airplane mode on and off? I will say that I cannot recieve group messages for whatever reason.
    telomoyo likes this.
    09-25-2015 04:04 PM
    I agree with you. My phone almost lasted four days without a restart...it did today, and after it restarted, it went into the never ending restarts. I was forced to do the hard reset and go through the same set up all over again. I have tried turning airplane on and off without any positive result. Thanks for the reply.
    09-25-2015 11:01 PM
    The Windows Phone Recovery Tool now has files to recover 8Xs that accidently installed Windows 10 back to 8.1 Update 2. Not sure if there are files for every carrier, but it recovered my 8X on Verizon. The files for Verizon recover the Verizon aps too.
    09-25-2015 11:21 PM
    Yes, dear I've tried with hard reset and paid with my all data lost. STILL automatically rebooting issue is there. Even hard reset is done successful.
    Now I wanna go back to 8.1 but error comes in Windows Recovery tool that server not found data package.
    09-26-2015 12:38 AM
    The Windows Phone Recovery Tool now has files to recover 8Xs that accidently installed Windows 10 back to 8.1 Update 2. Not sure if there are files for every carrier, but it recovered my 8X on Verizon. The files for Verizon recover the Verizon aps too.
    Indeed, the Recovery Tool worked for my Vodafone UK HTC 8X. Clean as a whistle. Silly really as I've just bought a Lumia 930 cheap. I'll be passing the HTC on to a loved one I expect. 😊
    09-27-2015 08:14 AM
    Version 3.0.1 had no file for HTC 8x T-mobile. Hopefully soon???
    09-28-2015 06:05 PM
    For US versions, AFAIK, only Verizon version of 8X works. I have AT&T and there is still no files for it. It seems Microsoft is waiting for the carriers to either give them permission to post recovery ROMs or waiting for them to give permissions to post latest 8.1 update ROM instead. Who knows.
    10-01-2015 09:54 AM
    Recovery Tool worked for my 8X .... however just noticed tethering no longer works. Has this happened to anyone else? I get a message that there is 'no mobile data connection available to share', when there clearly is. Crap. The phone was so close to being perfect again :(
    10-16-2015 12:47 PM