Why I cant get Windows phone 8.1 in my HTC 8x ATT unlocked?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I would like to know if i can get windows phone 8.1 in my phone and if it so, how i can do it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You would be far better off asking your question in the 8X forum instead of ask a question
HTC 8X - Windows Central Forums

Anonymous users can, for the most part, ask stuff only in AaQ I believe.

Moved to 8X forum anyway. EDIT: Never mind someone beat me to it!

Besides, its just for organizational purposes, I know i see threads regardless of where they're posted.

Anyways, OP, I would try the Preview for Developers app in the Store, if it's available.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Preview for developers, yes. Xandaros is right, thats the way to go. I have my HTC 8X on 8.1 on Developers Preview. Simple and painless process mostly. Except for signing up for the developers accounts. That takes an extra five. :)

Although my HTC is on its last legs because of the batteries giving out on me, but then it is so many years old now. But it has stood up well to the tests of time, no back fading, and aged very gracefully well. Beside the battery. Would love it if I could install a spare battery myself on it. :(

-- W

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Preview for developers, yes. Xandaros is right, thats the way to go. I have my HTC 8X on 8.1 on Developers Preview. Simple and painless process mostly. Except for signing up for the developers accounts. That takes an extra five. :)

Although my HTC is on its last legs because of the batteries giving out on me, but then it is so many years old now. But it has stood up well to the tests of time, no back fading, and aged very gracefully well. Beside the battery. Would love it if I could install a spare battery myself on it. :(

-- W

You could if you wanted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4pgOlOHZ8

Although it'll take some work. You should be able to find a replacement battery too without too much difficulty.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes, Ive seen that tutorial several times already trying to work up the courage, unfortunately there are a few things in between it doesnt cover from what I hear - and Ive read of several people ending up with duds because of this. Im not sure I'd trust myself with such a clean job of it, since its obviously not the painless process I wished it was. And the phone still lasts a day on standby, which is its primary use as of now, so I wouldnt want to take that risk until the battery is either dead for good, or I have a replacement phone for it. And the replacements are coming in soon, so I might just have to cross me that bridge too. In the near future. And just take the plunge. Afterall, what is reward but risk, in the end. :)

-- W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes