HTC Tiara - Who's Interested?

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
The people at my local store love the HTC 8XT.

Well, I have a couple "local" stores. The one I consider cool I haven't been to in quite some time because I've had the same phone for 2 years with no service needs. There were a lot of Palm Pre-believers (Prelievers?) back then so who knows, maybe they have a better attitude toward WP than the store I visited recently.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on amazon and because I had my free upgrade it stayed at the .01 - I keep hearing that people are paying 80 for it on there with accounts, but I called amazon and verified, we will see I guess. I am excited to get rid of my EVO 4g LTE and get back to wp :)

That's my understanding of the deal. I guess some are buying before they are eligible.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I just realized the color on Amazon is different than what the phone really is. The color amazon shows is more Blue. Wish that was the color the phone really is.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That's what many pre-reviewers have said...it looks more bluish gray in person.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
That's what many pre-reviewers have said...it looks more bluish gray in person.

Good! Mine is sitting on a delivery truck somewhere between the depot and my house at this very moment. I was a little worried about it looking more purple then blue. grayish blue is more "me" though. Just always preferred the more "industrial", plain looking phones like the Arrive, Epic 4g, and Nexus. Not that I minded the red of my BB Pearl and Curves.

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Got to say I am loving the battery life on this phone. With some little above moderate use of web surfing and playing games I was at 13 hours from last charge with 57% battery left.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Me too! It's very good.

I wish I could say the same, but I spend most of my day in a very low signal/roaming area (my office) so I'm burning about 9 or 10% per hour. Which is still better than my (2 year old) iPhone 4, which would be on the verge of death after about 6 hours.

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could say the same, but I spend most of my day in a very low signal/roaming area (my office) so I'm burning about 9 or 10% per hour. Which is still better than my (2 year old) iPhone 4, which would be on the verge of death after about 6 hours.
Maybe you could get an Airave for your office? I live in a town that has no Sprint service but got an Airave and it works pretty good.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Maybe if you ask the will set one up, it would benefit everyone that works there who has Sprint. You coulld probably get the Airave free.

I'm in the same boat as GrizzlyAdams there. Our enterprise network uses proxies setup out of our corporate headquarters, and cannot support the use of the AirAve even if the local IT dept (wait, that would be me) turned a "blind eye" to its presence. We as a company use Verizon. To win the contracts for the mobile phones, they had to prove they could provide service in the plant. Sprint put a tower up on the hill (does a "fair" job in some of the buildings, others it's nill), Verizon opted to supply and maintain repeaters in each building. More like a business level Airave supporting, if I recall correctly, up to 150 simultaneous connections per unit.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, large corporation, they'd laugh if I asked that question...and I'm in IT.

Well, after today's article about HTC & WP8, I've already got an RMA from Let's Talk, and the phone will be heading back to them tonight.

At the end of the day, its a great phone, but its a 2 year commitment, and I can't trust HTC on WP8. Going to wait and see what the Ativ S Neo brings to the table and will hopefully get that very shortly.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, large corporation, they'd laugh if I asked that question...and I'm in IT.

Well, after today's article about HTC & WP8, I've already got an RMA from Let's Talk, and the phone will be heading back to them tonight.

At the end of the day, its a great phone, but its a 2 year commitment, and I can't trust HTC on WP8. Going to wait and see what the Ativ S Neo brings to the table and will hopefully get that very shortly.

that's exactly what's wrong with our puke media.. No hard fact, then people start to make up all kinds of theories and pretty soon you have mass panic and exodus. Can't think of a better way to sink a ship..

I like my 8xt and liked my snap, touchpro2, and arrive before it.

I hope HTC regroups and conquers. I look forward to a next Gen 8xt with a 5.5 HD display.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I work for a large corporation so asking for something like an Airrave is laughable at best.

It's unfortunate that HTC may be pulling back from WP8 because I am loving my 8XT. I will ride the wave and crash into the rapids. Not giving up my phone. The OS and the form factor are heavenly, even if it isn't top-of-the-line.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I love HTC products, I think they make great phones...and honestly, this phone is great. I have no doubts you guys will be happy with it. Hopefully you'll be able to tell me I was wrong this time next year! And...we'll be all happy that Sprint is supporting the heck out of WP8!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just reordered this phone...I couldn't get over not having Boom Sound and the HTC camera app. Let's hope 8GB is enough for App storage and that HTC sticks with WP8!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)