8XT Voicemail Icon not working

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
still no icon on phone tile. Visual voicemail does not update until program is launched. My visual voicemail shows 2 new messages, they are actually 2 old messages.

Well bummer, sorry! So, we're supposed to have a VM icon on the phone tile with the number of new messages...got it.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but did we always get notification that a new VM had been left?

mgfootballer

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
At least you have a number...I just have an exclamation point...If you have the huge live tile, I have always got updates on the live tile saying from the last person (Never deletes after I listen to the voicemail) and no numbers...

Edit: Did you post on the sprint forum? If that was you, you should go back and edit that post :p

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
At least you have a number...I just have an exclamation point...If you have the huge live tile, I have always got updates on the live tile saying from the last person (Never deletes after I listen to the voicemail) and no numbers...

Edit: Did you post on the sprint forum? If that was you, you should go back and edit that post :p

No, I don't post on the Sprint forums...is someone linking to my screenshot?

I actually just had to disable Visual Voicemail from updating the lockscreen...it keeps saying I have 2 VM's, but I've deleted them...what a crock.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Well bummer, sorry! So, we're supposed to have a VM icon on the phone tile with the number of new messages...got it.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but did we always get notification that a new VM had been left?

the phone tile should show a cassette tape icon to alert of new voice mail. The number is for the amount of missed calls.

if the visual voicemail app. Works properly that tile should show number of new messages in real time, not many hours after they arrive or have already been listened to.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I know. I don't understand why Sprint made us use the app. My Arrive worked just fine with voicemails... Starting to miss that Arrive :(

I know what you mean. I could almost go backwards to the tiny screen to have my keyboard back, but I can't give up windows phone8 for 7.

Sprint sent me a refurb 8xt for troubleshooting the voice mail. Worked the same as mine. Surprise surprise.. Also starting to look like sprint took the cassette tape icon out of the phone tile, as they want us to use the visual voicemail program, and that is supposed to update in real time. They have tried taking the phone off the visual voicemail server and it does not work, so we are stuck with visual voicemail. So I am told. I testing on Friday I was told that the text message is going out to the phone but the visual voicemail is not being updated. I am set for a follow up next week on any progress.

Emerald01

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Heck, I don't even care about the icon. I care about the voicemails I'm not getting when I open the app, even though I KNOW there are voicemails there. I could be missing very important messages, and there's nothing I can do about it. The one voicemail that it does show, it won't delete. It's ridiculous.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Does not sound good. Sprint has closed my ticket saying they don't know what the problem is and that they have tickets at Microsoft, HTC and smith Micro (visual Voicemail). They completely rebuilt my line from scratch in a last ditch trouble shooting effort.

I have since contacted Microsoft and was told this is a Sprint and 3rd party application problem (Visual Voicemail).
I told my Sprint contact that I wanted to hang on to phone little longer, since I waited so long for Sprint to release a windows 8 phone. I asked him to keep me informed on progress of the issue and have offered to continue helping trouble shoot.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You know, at some point, this is going to be a 'material breach' and they'll have to give us the opportunity to switch phones, or release us from our contracts...to find a WP8 phone that works.

Do I want that to happen, No, I'm very happy with my phone...but geez...it has to tell us when we have a voicemail!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Spoke with Sprint Cust Support tonight. They're very aware of the problem and offered me an 'advance upgrade' if I wanted to switch over to Android from a 'Select Choice' of mediocre phones. Mostly last years leftovers...though the LG Optimus G would be fine I suppose.

I'm going to see if I can get a better replacement phone to choose from, but, I may have move back to Android unfortunately. My phone is my BYOD work phone and I'm on-call 24x7 and unfortunately, that's resulted in a couple missed calls on my part...SO...I'm hoping they get this fixed soon.

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone not tried using Youmail? I've been using it and have had no issues with receiving my voicemails. There's an app, Magikmail in the Store that uses the service and its free!

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone not tried using Youmail? I've been using it and have had no issues with receiving my voicemails. There's an app, Magikmail in the Store that uses the service and its free!

I have my number setup as a google voice integrated number. No magical app to alert to voice mails, but I ALWAYS get the text message letting me know a message has been left. I can sometimes even tell what the caller is calling about with the transcription. I even get the texts when I'm in very low signal area when apps like youmail would fail for lack of data service.

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Would be nice if we could get a direct answer as to why they cant just use the default icon even though voicemail is going through a 3rd party.

EDIT: looks like they did finally tell us why

To answer the previous question about "why Sprint VVM doesn't work like other carrier's WM8 VVM." The Microsoft VVM client that works on other carriers doesn't work with our voicemail platforms, so we had to build our own application in order to have some level of parity. Our issues have been mostly with having to work with some in between code (activate your device) to get the access we need to provide the VVM service. We are hoping in future releases of WP8 we get the access we need without having to work with in between piece. In the meantime, we have full intentions on getting any remaining issues resolved

that was from the direct sprint message boards. thankfully I don't do phone communications much other than text/email, but I might have to start considering going back to my EVO 4g LTE if things don't get better due to work :/ and I don't want to do that.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
After Sprint sent out the latest "activate my Device" app update Visual voicemail is kind of working for me. I have at least been getting the visual voicemail tile to show me that I have a new message, but I am having problems with the app still getting stuck on "authenticating" or just stuck saying "checking......"
I have had to dial regular voicemail, listen delete then go to visual voicemail and it will check and clear the tile. This still sucks..

I would love to try the Nokia 1520, but ATT service is crap to non existent where I live and travel on daily basis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb