Software Updates?

Strings78

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Having been through the struggles of not getting any of the updates that Microsoft pushed out while owning the Arrive (well officially anyway), I'm very concerned about it the HTC 8XT will be the recipient of major updates in the future. Has there been any word on this from either Sprint, HTC, or Microsoft? That is going to be a driving factor as to if i stay with Windows Phone or not...

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has recently said they'll be supporting WP8 devices for 36 months from release (this is subject to be further extended in the future as it was 18 months before they doubled that figure). The updates go from MS to the carriers and OEM's for testing, then once that's done it's all certified and released OTA to all devices. It's up to your carrier when your phone receives the update or if it does, as far as I know.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
My biggest concern would be Sprint. You might want to ask them in their forums. Based on the effort they've put behind it so far, it's a question worth asking.

Strings78

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
My biggest concern would be Sprint. You might want to ask them in their forums. Based on the effort they've put behind it so far, it's a question worth asking.

That's exactly my thinking too, Knowing how well they supported the Arrive (not at all) I'm very timid about buying any Windows Phone on Sprint. Unless a Lumia device appears. Then that changes everything.

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Having been through the struggles of not getting any of the updates that Microsoft pushed out while owning the Arrive (well officially anyway), I'm very concerned about it the HTC 8XT will be the recipient of major updates in the future. Has there been any word on this from either Sprint, HTC, or Microsoft? That is going to be a driving factor as to if i stay with Windows Phone or not...

I know its not a lot to go off of but the htc 8xt does come with the gdr2 improvements at retail purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo