Free HTC 8XT with Contract

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
That's what I've been waiting for :) I haven't "paid" for a cell phone for myself in maybe 8 years (makes paying $300 for my wife's iPhone much more tolerable). Never had a problem being a couple months behind the curve. Besides, my upgrade path never really lined up with the new device roll-outs.

Edit: Just pulled the trigger. I have multiple lines, their site didn't seem to ask which line wanted upgraded. I hope this doesn't become a problem, though their retail and customer service ratings are in the 9/10 range.

Last edited:

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Good to know. Either way, anybody apprehensive about spending $99 need no longer worry! I wonder if there will be similar deals when the ATIV S Neo is released.

Maybe there will be. I think Let's Talk might be able to offer it free to everybody because they are HTC's partner. If you buy a phone directly from HTC you get it from Let's Talk. I would think they would get better prices HTC phones because of that.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
That's what I've been waiting for :) I haven't "paid" for a cell phone for myself in maybe 8 years (makes paying $300 for my wife's iPhone much more tolerable). Never had a problem being a couple months behind the curve. Besides, my upgrade path never really lined up with the new device roll-outs.

Edit: Just pulled the trigger. I have multiple lines, their site didn't seem to ask which line wanted upgraded. I hope this doesn't become a problem, though their retail and customer service ratings are in the 9/10 range.

Faced the exact same issue. The order summary kept indicating that "Line 2" would be upgraded which is not technically the one I wanted. My order process, however, did eventually ask which phone # the upgrade was for, perhaps because I first did the "Check Upgrade Eligibility."

Either way, I planned all along to "upgrade" a secondary line and then once I got the phone call Sprint and have it switched to my primary line. I've done this before at both a Sprint B&M and a Best Buy, so hopefully there will be no issue.

Also, LetsTalk says most orders are approved and shipped same day as long as the order is placed before 2pm Central. I placed my order a couple of hours ago but the status is still "Carrier Approval." Anyone have any experience regarding this? If you can't tell, I'm very anxious to get my new phone and almost shelled out the $150 at Sprint B&M for instant gratification!

Last edited:

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Faced the exact same issue. The order summary kept indicating that "Line 2" would be upgraded which is not technically the one I wanted. My order process, however, did eventually ask which phone # the upgrade was for, perhaps because I first did the "Check Upgrade Eligibility."

Either way, I planned all along to "upgrade" a secondary line and then once I got the phone call Sprint and have it switched to my primary line. I've done this before at both a Sprint B&M and a Best Buy, so hopefully there will be no issue.

Also, LetsTalk says most orders are approved and shipped same day as long as the order is placed before 2pm Central. I placed my order a couple of hours ago but the status is still "Carrier Approval." Anyone have any experience regarding this? If you can't tell, I'm very anxious to get my new phone and almost shelled out the $150 at Sprint B&M for instant gratification!

Hmmm... I started off with the "check for upgrade availability", so that may be why it didn't ask? It took about 2-3hrs before the status moved from "carrier approval" to the shipped status. I'll have mine on Monday if their time estimate is any indication.
Question for Jonathan, do they ship it already activated to the number you requested to upgrade, can I just slap it on my other line, or will I have to put it on the line I upgraded, then swap phones around? I almost always order from my local BB (who don't even HAVE this phone in their system yet!), once or twice ordering from the local Sprint store, Never ordered a cell phone in this way before.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... I started off with the "check for upgrade availability", so that may be why it didn't ask? It took about 2-3hrs before the status moved from "carrier approval" to the shipped status. I'll have mine on Monday if their time estimate is any indication.
Question for Jonathan, do they ship it already activated to the number you requested to upgrade, can I just slap it on my other line, or will I have to put it on the line I upgraded, then swap phones around? I almost always order from my local BB (who don't even HAVE this phone in their system yet!), once or twice ordering from the local Sprint store, Never ordered a cell phone in this way before.

Wondering the same.

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
They ship it activated on the number you upgraded. When you get the phone all you are suppose to do is shut off the old phone and turn on the new phone and it will be activated. So I guess you will first have to activate it on the line you upgraded than do a switch. I have only ever upgraded the line eligible, never done a switch.

DeviIstar

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So on amazon, even though I was an upgrade, the price stayed at .01 for the entire time, even called to confirm and they confirmed it. Where are folks seeing the 79 dollar price at?

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is that they aren't eligible for the upgrade.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
So on amazon, even though I was an upgrade, the price stayed at .01 for the entire time, even called to confirm and they confirmed it. Where are folks seeing the 79 dollar price at?

It's 0.01 with new service, or adding a new line to your existing plan. Still shows 79.99 when I click on upgrade on Amazon. My guess is that your browser wasn't updating dynamically like it was supposed to.

DeviIstar

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
hmm whats odd is that it even asked for my phone number during the process, and it did the check.. and I found this on my work browser, went through the process, canceled and did it at home on a different PC.. I guess we will see what happens. I did call and ask. ( using Chrome on both machines )

DeviIstar

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
hmm okay, went and checked again and now its showing the 79.99, but my order is processed at the .01... guess I need to call Amazon.. it went through the whole check of my number, I was selected on existing account and everything.

I forsee a fight with Amazon coming up.. and damn it, I was stoked to get this for a penny...

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
hmm okay, went and checked again and now its showing the 79.99, but my order is processed at the .01... guess I need to call Amazon.. it went through the whole check of my number, I was selected on existing account and everything.

I forsee a fight with Amazon coming up.. and damn it, I was stoked to get this for a penny...

For a couple hours it showed up for .01 cent for upgrades for some reason. If it went through and Amazon does not cancel it I would not bother contacting them.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Keep us posted. Maybe, just MAYBE Amazon was price matching for a few hours? Hopefully it won't become a problem for you :-/

DeviIstar

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's what I was told, was that the phone was on back ordered when I called about it asking for what plan details I needed/wanted ( forgot they re-up your plan with renewals.) Delivery estimate on my order is for the 21st of this month.. ouch :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb