Having trouble with Camera Apps

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues with camera apps on the 8XT? I have had trouble with Hipstamatic and OneShot, where after you hit the shutter button, nothing happens. The regular camera app, HTC camera, and Camera360 work fine, so I wasn't sure if it was an app problem. Both I have tried uninstalling and still the same thing. I am trying a full reset right now to see if that fixes the issues. Has anyone else run into these problems?

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I did the reset and it is still the same. And also, I'm in the beta for the 6tagram and it does the same thing... It must be something with this particular device (the 8XT in general)

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm that's weird, I've tried several apps (OneShot, ProShot, Oggl) and they all do the same thing. Tried a hard reset, even tried a display phone and they all open but will not take a picture.

bomarco

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I also tried Hipstamatic Oggl and it does not work for me either. Sometimes it seems to take a picture but nothing is captured while other times (most of the time, I would say) it just freezes the app completely. I have never been able to successfully capture a picture. If you read the reviews of that particular app, it seems HTC 8x owners also are reporting stability problems so the software may be optimized for Nokia phones for some reason. Another thing I wondered about is if the two camera apps on the 8xt are somehow confusing the photo capture process (but that does not explain the apparent 8x issues).

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have gone back and tried using the on screen shutters with the apps such as 6tagram (in the public beta) and OneShot, and it will work. Just the hardware button doesn't seem to make it shutter 😞

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo